EC6502 DSP Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electronic Communications Engineering (ECE) EC6502 DSP Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for ECE 5th SEM EC6502 PRINCIPLES OF DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electronic Communications Engineering (ECE)
5th SEM EC6502 DSP-PRINCIPLES OF DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING Syllabus
EC6502 PRINCIPLES OF DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING L T P C 3 0 0 3
- x To learn discrete Fourier transform and its properties
- x To know the characteristics of IIR and FIR filters learn the design of infinite and finite impulse response filters for filtering undesired signals
- x To understand Finite word length effects
- x To study the concept of Multirate and adaptive filters
UNIT I DISCRETE FOURIER TRANSFORM 9
Discrete Signals and Systems- A Review – Introduction to DFT – Properties of DFT – Circular Convolution – Filtering methods based on DFT – FFT Algorithms –Decimation in time Algorithms, Decimation in frequency Algorithms – Use of FFT in Linear Filtering.
UNIT II IIR FILTER DESIGN 9
Structures of IIR – Analog filter design – Discrete time IIR filter from analog filter – IIR filter design by Impulse Invariance, Bilinear transformation, Approximation of derivatives – (LPF, HPF, BPF, BRF) filter design using frequency translation.
UNIT III FIR FILTER DESIGN 9
Structures of FIR – Linear phase FIR filter – Fourier Series – Filter design using windowing techniques (Rectangular Window, Hamming Window, Hanning Window), Frequency sampling techniques – Finite word length effects in digital Filters: Errors, Limit Cycle, Noise Power Spectrum.
UNIT IV FINITE WORDLENGTH EFFECTS 9
Fixed point and floating point number representations – ADC –Quantization- Truncation and Rounding errors – Quantization noise – coefficient quantization error – Product quantization error – Overflow error – Roundoff noise power – limit cycle oscillations due to product round off and overflow errors – Principle of scaling
UNIT V DSP APPLICATIONS 9
Multirate signal processing: Decimation, Interpolation, Sampling rate conversion by a rational factor – Adaptive Filters: Introduction, Applications of adaptive filtering to equalization.
TOTAL (L:45+T:15): 60 PERIODS
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to x apply DFT for the analysis of digital signals & systems x design IIR and FIR filters x characterize finite Word length effect on filters x design the Multirate Filters x apply Adaptive Filters to equalization
1. John G. Proakis & Dimitris G.Manolakis, “Digital Signal Processing – Principles, Algorithms & Applications”, Fourth Edition, Pearson Education / Prentice Hall, 2007.
1. Emmanuel C..Ifeachor, & Barrie.W.Jervis, “Digital Signal Processing”, Second Edition, Pearson Education / Prentice Hall, 2002.
2. Sanjit K. Mitra, “Digital Signal Processing – A Computer Based Approach”, Tata Mc Graw Hill, 2007.
3. A.V.Oppenheim, R.W. Schafer and J.R. Buck, “Discrete-Time Signal Processing”, 8th Indian Reprint, Pearson, 2004.
4. Andreas Antoniou, “Digital Signal Processing”, Tata Mc Graw Hill, 2006
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EC6502 DSP Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For EC6502 DSP Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EC6502 DSP Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EC6502 DSP Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 5th SEM ECE DSP Syllabus
EC6502 PRINCIPLES OF DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING Syllabus free download
Anna University ECE DSP Syllabus Regulation 2013
EC6502 Syllabus, DSP Unit wise Syllabus – ECE 5th Semester