EC6602 AWP Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electronic Communications Engineering (ECE) EC6602 AWP Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for ECE 6th SEM EC6602 ANTENNA AND WAVE PROPAGATION Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electronic Communications Engineering (ECE)
6th SEM EC6602 AWP-ANTENNA AND WAVE PROPAGATION
EC6602 ANTENNA AND WAVE PROPAGATION L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To give insight of the radiation phenomena.
- To give a thorough understanding of the radiation characteristics of different types of antennas To create awareness about the different types of propagation of radio waves at different frequencies
UNIT II APERTURE AND SLOT ANTENNAS 9
Radiation from rectangular apertures, Uniform and Tapered aperture, Horn antenna , Reflector antenna , Aperture blockage , Feeding structures , Slot antennas ,Microstrip antennas – Radiation mechanism – Application ,Numerical tool for antenna analysis
UNIT III ANTENNA ARRAYS 9
N element linear array, Pattern multiplication, Broadside and End fire array – Concept of Phased arrays, Adaptive array, Basic principle of antenna Synthesis-Binomial array
UNIT IV SPECIAL ANTENNAS 9
Principle of frequency independent antennas –Spiral antenna, Helical antenna, Log periodic. Modern antennas- Reconfigurable antenna, Active antenna, Dielectric antennas, Electronic band gap structure and applications, Antenna Measurements-Test Ranges, Measurement of Gain, Radiation pattern, Polarization, VSWR
Modes of propagation , Structure of atmosphere , Ground wave propagation , Tropospheric propagation , Duct propagation, Troposcatter propagation , Flat earth and Curved earth concept Sky wave propagation – Virtual height, critical frequency , Maximum usable frequency – Skip distance, Fading , Multi hop propagation
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Explain the various types of antennas and wave propagation.
- Write about the radiation from a current element.
- Analyze the antenna arrays, aperture antennas and special antennas such as frequencyindependent and broad bandTEXT BOOK:
1. John D Kraus,” Antennas for all Applications”, 3rd Edition, Mc Graw Hill, 2005.
- Edward C.Jordan and Keith G.Balmain” Electromagnetic Waves and Radiating Systems” Prentice Hall of India, 2006
- R.E.Collin,”Antennas and Radiowave Propagation”, Mc Graw Hill 1985.
- Constantine.A.Balanis “Antenna Theory Analysis and Design”, Wiley Student Edition, 2006.
- Rajeswari Chatterjee, “Antenna Theory and Practice” Revised Second Edition New AgeInternational Publishers, 2006.
- S. Drabowitch, “Modern Antennas” Second Edition, Springer Publications, 2007.
- Robert S.Elliott “Antenna Theory and Design” Wiley Student Edition, 2006.
- H.Sizun “Radio Wave Propagation for Telecommunication Applications”, First Indian Reprint,Springer Publications, 2007.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you AWPn comment in the below section.
For EC6602 AWP Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For EC6602 AWP Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EC6602 AWP Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EC6602 AWP Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 6th SEM ECE AWP Syllabus
EC6602 ANTENNA AND WAVE PROPAGATION Syllabus free download
Anna University ECE AWP Syllabus Regulation 2013
EC6602 Syllabus, AWP Unit wise Syllabus – ECE 6th Semester