EC6701 RFME Notes
Anna University Regulation 2013 ECE EC6701 RFME Notes, RF & Microwave Engineering Lecture Handwritten Notes for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for ECE 7th SEM EC6701 RF & Microwave Engineering Lecture Handwritten Notes are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
5.7 MEASUREMENT OF WAVELENGTH AND IMPEADENCE
1. Setup the components and equipments as shown in figure.
2. Setup variable attenuator at minimum attenuation position.
3. Keep the control knobs of VSWR meter as below: Range – 50db position Input switch – Crystal low impedance Meter switch – Normal position Gain(Coarse & Fine)- Mid position
4. Keep the control knobs of Klystron power supply as below Beam voltage – ‘OFF’ Mod-switch -AM Beam Voltage knob-Fully anticlockwise Reflector Voltage- Fully clockwise AM- Amplitude knob- Around fully clockwise AM- Frequency knob – Around Mid position
5. Switch ‘ON’ the Klystron power supply, VSWR Meter and cooling fan switch.
6. Switch ‘ON’ the beam voltage switch and set beam voltage around 250V-300V with help of beam voltage knob.
7. Adjust the reflector voltage to get some deflection in VSWR meter.
8. Maximize the deflection with AM amplitude and frequency control knob of power supply.
9. Tune the plunger of Klystron Mount for maximum deflection.
10. Tune the reflector voltage knob for maximum deflection .
11. Tune the probe for maximum deflection in VSWR Meter.
12. Tune the frequency meter knob to get a ‘dip’ on the VSWR scale and note down the frequency directly from frequency meter.
13. Keep the depth of pin S S. Tuner to around 3-4 mm and lock it.
14. Move the probe along the slotted line to get maximum deflection.
15. Adjust VSWR meter gain control knob and variable attenuator until the meter indicates 1.0 on the normal db SWR scale.
16. Move the probe to next minimum position and note down the SWR S0 on the scale .also note down the probe position. Let it be ‘d’.
17. Remove the SS tuner and matched termination and place movable short at slotted line. The plunger of short should be at zero.
18. Note the position of two successive minima position .let it be as d1 and d2 .Hence λg = 2(d1- d2).
19. Calculate d/λg
20. Find out the normalized impedance as described in the theory section.
21. Repeat the same experiment for other frequency if required
EC6701 RFME Unit 1 notes – Download Here
EC6701 RFME Unit 2 notes – Download Here
EC6701 RFME Unit 3 notes – Download Here
EC6701 RFME All 5 Units notes – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EC6701 RFME Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For EC6701 RFME Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EC6701 RFME Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
EC6701 RFME Notes
Anna University 7th SEM ECE RFME Lecture Handwritten Notes
EC6701 RF & Microwave Engineering Notes free download
Anna University ECE RFME Notes Regulation 2013
EC6701 Notes, RFME Unit wise Lecture Handwritten Notes – ECE 7th Semester