Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) EC6703 ERTS 2marks & 16marks for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for CSE 7th SEM EC6703 Embedded & Real Time Systems Short answers, Question Bank are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
UNIT-1 EMBEDDED COMPUTING
1. Define Embedded System. What are the components of embedded system?
An Embedded system is one that has computer hardware with software embedded in it as one of its most important component.
The three main components of an embedded system are
- Main application software
3. Define system on chip (SOC) with an example
Embedded systems are being designed on a single silicon chip called system on chip. SOC is a new design innovation for embedded system Ex. Mobile phone.
4. Give any two uses of VLSI designed circuits
A VLSI chip can embed IPs for the specific application besides the ASIP or a GPP core. A system on a VLSI chip that has all of needed analog as well as digital circuits. Eg. Mobile phone.
5. List the important considerations when selecting a processor.
- Instruction set
- Maximum bits in an operand
- Clock frequency
- Processor ability
6. What are the types of embedded system?
- Small scale embedded systems
- Medium scale embedded systems
- Sophisticated embedded systems
7. Classify the processors in embedded system?
1. General purpose processor
- Embedded processor
- Digital signal processor
- Media processor
2. Application specific system processor
3. Multiprocessor system using GPP and ASSP GPP core or ASIP core integrated into either an ASIC or a VLSI circuit or an FPGA core integrated with processor unit in a VLSI chip.
8. What are the important embedded processor chips?
- ARM 7 and ARM 9
- i 960
- AMD 29050
9. Name some DSP used in embedded systems?
10. Name some of the hardware parts of embedded systems?
- Power source
- Clock oscillator circuit
- Memory units
- DAC and ADC
- LCD and LED displays
11. What are the various types of memory in embedded systems?
• RAM internal External
• Cache memory
EC6703 ERTS All Units 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EC6703 ERTS Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For EC6703 ERTS Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EC6703 ERTS Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
Anna University 7th SEM CSE ERTS 2marks 16 marks
EC6703 Embedded & Real Time Systems question bank free download
Anna University CSE ERTS short answers Regulation 2013
EC6703 2marks, ERTS Unit wise short answers – CSE 7th Semester