Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) EC6703 ERTS old Question Papers for previous years are provided below. Download link for CSE 7th SEM EC6703 Embedded & Real Time Systems Previous Year Question Papers are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) 7th SEM EC6703 ERTS -Embedded & Real Time Systems Syllabus
EC6703 EMBEDDED AND REAL TIME SYSTEMS L T P C 3 0 0 3
The student should be made to:
- Learn the architecture and programming of ARM processor.
- Be familiar with the embedded computing platform design and analysis.
- Be exposed to the basic concepts of real time Operating system.
- Learn the system design techniques and networks for embedded systems
UNIT I INTRODUCTION TO EMBEDDED COMPUTING AND ARM PROCESSORS
Complex systems and micro processors– Embedded system design process –Design example: Model train controller- Instruction sets preliminaries – ARM Processor – CPU: programming input and output- supervisor mode, exceptions and traps – Co-processors- Memory system mechanisms – CPU performance- CPU power consumption.
UNIT II EMBEDDED COMPUTING PLATFORM DESIGN
The CPU Bus-Memory devices and systems–Designing with computing platforms – consumer electronics architecture – platform-level performance analysis – Components for embedded programs- Models of programs- Assembly, linking and loading – compilation techniques- Program level performance analysis – Software performance optimization – Program level energy and power analysis and optimization – Analysis and optimization of program size- Program validation and testing.
UNIT III PROCESSES AND OPERATING SYSTEMS 9
Introduction – Multiple tasks and multiple processes – Multirate systems- Preemptive real-time operating systems- Priority based scheduling- Interprocess communication mechanisms – Evaluating operating system performance- power optimization strategies for processes – Example Real time operating systems-POSIX-Windows CE.
UNIT V SYSTEM DESIGN TECHNIQUES AND NETWORKS 9
Design methodologies- Design flows – Requirement Analysis – Specifications-System analysis and architecture design – Quality Assurance techniques- Distributed embedded systems – MPSoCs and shared memory multiprocessors.
UNIT V CASE STUDY 9
Data compressor – Alarm Clock – Audio player – Software modem-Digital still camera – Telephone answering machine-Engine control unit – Video accelerator.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe the architecture and programming of ARM processor.
- Outline the concepts of embedded systems
- Explain the basic concepts of real time Operating system design.
- Use the system design techniques to develop software for embedded systems
- Differentiate between the general purpose operating system and the real time operating system
- Model real-time applications using embedded-system concepts
1. Marilyn Wolf, “Computers as Components – Principles of Embedded Computing System Design”, Third Edition “Morgan Kaufmann Publisher (An imprint from Elsevier), 2012.
1. Jonathan W.Valvano, “Embedded Microcomputer Systems Real Time Interfacing”, Third Edition Cengage Learning, 2012.
2. David. E. Simon, “An Embedded Software Primer”, 1st Edition, Fifth Impression, Addison-Wesley Professional, 2007.
3. Raymond J.A. Buhr, Donald L.Bailey, “An Introduction to Real-Time Systems- From Design to Networking with C/C++”, Prentice Hall,1999.
4. C.M. Krishna, Kang G. Shin, “Real-Time Systems”, International Editions, Mc Graw Hill 1997
5. K.V.K.K.Prasad, “Embedded Real-Time Systems: Concepts, Design & Programming”, Dream Tech Press, 2005.
6. Sriram V Iyer, Pankaj Gupta, “Embedded Real Time Systems Programming”, Tata Mc Graw Hill, 2004.
EC6703 ERTS Question Paper5– Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EC6703 ERTS Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EC6703 ERTS Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EC6703 ERTS Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
Anna University 7th SEM CSE ERTS Question Papers with answers
EC6703 Embedded & Real Time Systems previous year question papers free download
Anna University CSE ERTS old question papers Regulation 2013
EC6703 Question Papers with answers, ERTS previous year question bank – CSE 7th Semester