EC8394 ADC Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2017 IT EC8394 ADC Syllabus for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for IT 3rd SEM EC8394 Analog Digital Circuits Engineering Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2017 Information Technology (IT) 3rd SEM EC8394 ADC – Analog Digital Circuits Engineering Syllabus
EC8394 ANALOG AND DIGITAL COMMUNICATION L T P C 3 0 0 3
The student should be made to:
Understand analog and digital communication techniques.
Learn data and pulse communication techniques.
Be familiarized with source and Error control coding.
Gain knowledge on multi-user radio communication.
UNIT I ANALOG COMMUNICATION 9
Introduction to Communication Systems – Modulation – Types – Need for Modulation. Theory of Amplitude Modulation – Evolution and Description of SSB Techniques – Theory of Frequency and Phase Modulation – Comparison of Analog Communication Systems (AM – FM – PM).
UNIT II PULSE AND DATA COMMUNICATION 9
Pulse Communication: Pulse Amplitude Modulation (PAM) – Pulse Time Modulation (PTM) – Pulse code Modulation (PCM) – Comparison of various Pulse Communication System (PAM – PTM – PCM).
Data Communication: History of Data Communication – Standards Organizations for Data Communication- Data Communication Circuits – Data Communication Codes – Data communication Hardware – serial and parallel interfaces.
UNIT III DIGITAL COMMUNICATION 9
Amplitude Shift Keying (ASK) – Frequency Shift Keying (FSK)–Phase Shift Keying (PSK) – BPSK – QPSK – Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM) – 8 QAM – 16 QAM – Bandwidth Efficiency– Comparison of various Digital Communication System (ASK – FSK – PSK – QAM).
UNIT IV SOURCE AND ERROR CONTROL CODING 9
Entropy, Source encoding theorem, Shannon fano coding, Huffman coding, mutual information, channel capacity, Error Control Coding, linear block codes, cyclic codes – ARQ Techniques.
UNIT V MULTI-USER RADIO COMMUNICATION 9
Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) – Code division multiple access (CDMA) – Cellular Concept and Frequency Reuse – Channel Assignment and Handover Techniques – Overview of Multiple Access Schemes – Satellite Communication – Bluetooth.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
Apply analog and digital communication techniques.
Use data and pulse communication techniques.
Analyze Source and Error control coding.
Utilize multi-user radio communication.
1. Wayne Tomasi, ―Advanced Electronic Communication Systems‖, 6th Edition, Pearson Education, 2009.
1. Simon Haykin, ―Communication Systems‖, 4th Edition, John Wiley & Sons, 2004
2. Rappaport T.S, “Wireless Communications: Principles and Practice”, 2nd Edition, Pearson Education, 2007
3. H.Taub, D L Schilling and G Saha, ―Principles of Communication‖, 3rd Edition, Pearson Education, 2007.
4. B. P.Lathi, ―Modern Analog and Digital Communication Systems‖, 3rd Edition, Oxford University Press, 2007.
5. Blake, ―Electronic Communication Systems‖, Thomson Delmar Publications, 2002.
6. Martin S.Roden, ―Analog and Digital Communication System‖, 3 rd Edition, Prentice Hall of India, 2002.
7. B.Sklar, ―Digital Communication Fundamentals and Applications‖ 2 nd Edition Pearson Education 2007.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For Syllabus in PDF format – Click Here
For EC8394 ADC Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For EC8394 ADC Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EC8394 ADC Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EC8394 ADC Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
EC8394 ADC Syllabus
Anna University 3rd SEM IT ADC Syllabus
EC8394 Analog Digital Circuits Engineering Syllabus free download
Anna University IT ADC Syllabus Regulation 2017
EC8394 Syllabus, ADC Unit wise Syllabus – IT 3rd SEMester