EC8551 CN Question Papers
Anna University Regulation 2017 ECE EC8551 CN Question Papers for previous years are provided below. Previous Year Question Papers for ECE 5th SEM EC8551 Communication Networks, Engineering are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2017 (ECE) 5th SEM EC8551 CN – Communication Networks question paper
1. A point source of ligth is 12 cm below the surface of a large body of water (n =1.33). What is the radius of the largest circle on the water surface through which the light can emerge?
2. Consider a parabolic index wave guide with n1 =1.75 ,n2 = 1.677 and core radius 25 micro meter. Calculate the numerical aperture at the axis and at a point 20 micro meter from the axis
3. Define numerical aperture of a step index fiber
4. Define mode-field diameter
5. Commonly available single mode fibers have beat lengths in the range 10 cm < Lp <2 m . What range of refractive index diffrences does this correspond to? (for wavelength = 1300 nm)
6. Define mode field diameter
7. What is the fundamental parameter of a single mode fiber?
8. A step index fiber has a normalized frequency V = 26.6 at 1300 nm wavelength. If the core radius is 25 pm, find the numerical aperture
9. (i) Diacuss the signal distortion in single mode fibers
(ii) Discuss pulse broadening in graded index fibers with necessary equations
10. (I) Discuss the propagation modes in single -mode fiber
(ii) Discuss the structure of graded index fiber
11. (i) What is meant by ‘material dispersion’? Derive its expression
(ii) Discuss the pulse broadening in graded index fiberss
12. (a) What are fiber modes? Explain mode theory for optical fibers in detail.
(b) Compare Single mode fibers and Graded index fibers. Explain the requirements for fiber materials.
13. Write the expression for the effective number of modes guided by a curved multi mode fiber of radius ‘a’
14. Define normalized propagation constant
15. Give expression for the effective number of modes guided by a curved multi mode fiber
16. What are the causes of absorption
17. Find the coupling loss for two fibers having core refractive index profiles alpha E = 2.0 and alpha R = 1.5 .
18. What causes mode coupling
19. Mention the two causes of intra-modal dispersion.
20. Define fiber loss.
EC8551 CN Question Paper1– Download Here
EC8551 CN Question Paper2– Download Here
EC8551 CN Question Paper3– Download Here
EC8551 CN Question Paper4– Download Here
EC8551 CN Question Paper5– Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EC8551 CN Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EC8551 CN Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EC8551 CN Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
EC8551 CN question papers
Anna University 5th SEM ECE CN Question Papers with answers
EC8551 Communication Networks Engineering previous year question papers free download
Anna University ECE CN old question papers Regulation 2017
EC8551 Question Papers with answers, CN previous year question bank – ECE 5th Semester