EE6302 EMT Question Papers
Anna University Regulation 2013 EEE EE6302 EMT Question Papers for previous years are provided below. Previous Year Question Papers for EEE 3rd SEM EE6302 ElectroMagnetic Theory are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) 3rd SEM EE6302 EMT -ElectroMagnetic Theory Syllabus
EE6302 ELECTROMAGNETIC THEORY L T P C 3 1 0 4
• To introduce the basic mathematical concepts related to electromagnetic vector fields
• To impart knowledge on the concepts of electrostatics, electrical potential, energy density and their applications.
• To impart knowledge on the concepts of magnetostatics, magnetic flux density, scalar and vector potential and its applications.
• To impart knowledge on the concepts of Faraday’s law, induced emf and Maxwell’s equations
• To impart knowledge on the concepts of Concepts of electromagnetic waves and Pointing vector.
UNIT I ELECTROSTATICS – I 9
Sources and effects of electromagnetic fields – Coordinate Systems – Vector fields –Gradient, Divergence, Curl – theorems and applications – Coulomb’s Law – Electric field intensity – Field due to discrete and continuous charges – Gauss’s law and applications.
UNIT II ELECTROSTATICS – II 9
Electric potential – Electric field and equipotential plots, Uniform and Non-Uniform field, Utilization factor – Electric field in free space, conductors, dielectrics – Dielectric polarization – Dielectric strength – Electric field in multiple dielectrics – Boundary conditions, Poisson’s and Laplace’s equations, Capacitance, Energy density, Applications.
UNIT III MAGNETOSTATICS 9
Lorentz force, magnetic field intensity (H) – Biot–Savart’s Law – Ampere’s Circuit Law – H due to straight conductors, circular loop, infinite sheet of current, Magnetic flux density (B) – B in free space, conductor, magnetic materials – Magnetization, Magnetic field in multiple media – Boundary conditions, scalar and vector potential, Poisson’s Equation, Magnetic force, Torque, Inductance, Energy density, Applications.
UNIT IV ELECTRODYNAMIC FIELDS 9
Magnetic Circuits – Faraday’s law – Transformer and motional EMF – Displacement current – Maxwell’s equations (differential and integral form) – Relation between field theory and circuit theory – Applications.
UNIT V ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES 9
Electromagnetic wave generation and equations – Wave parameters; velocity, intrinsic impedance, propagation constant – Waves in free space, lossy and lossless dielectrics, conductors- skin depth – Poynting vector – Plane wave reflection and refraction – Standing Wave – Applications.
TOTAL (L:45+T:15): 60 PERIODS
• Ability to understand and apply basic science, circuit theory, Electro-magnetic field theory control theory and apply them to electrical engineering problems.
1. Mathew N. O. Sadiku, ‘Principles of Electromagnetics’, 4 th Edition ,Oxford University Press Inc. First India edition, 2009.
2. Ashutosh Pramanik, ‘Electromagnetism – Theory and Applications’, PHI Learning Private Limited, New Delhi, Second Edition-2009.
3. K.A. Gangadhar, P.M. Ramanthan ‘ Electromagnetic Field Theory (including Antennaes and wave propagation’, 16th Edition, Khanna Publications, 2007.
1. Joseph. A.Edminister, ‘Schaum’s Outline of Electromagnetics, Third Edition (Schaum’s Outline Series), Tata McGraw Hill, 2010
2. William H. Hayt and John A. Buck, ‘Engineering Electromagnetics’, Tata McGraw Hill 8th Revised edition, 2011.
3. Kraus and Fleish, ‘Electromagnetics with Applications’, McGraw Hill International Editions, Fifth Edition, 2010.
4. Bhag Singh Guru and Hüseyin R. Hiziroglu “Electromagnetic field theory Fundamentals”, Cambridge University Press; Second Revised Edition, 2009.
EE6302 EMT Question Papers– Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EE6302 EMT Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EE6302 EMT Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EE6302 EMT Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
EE6302 EMT Question Papers
Anna University 3rd SEM EEE EMT Question Papers with answers
EE6302 ElectroMagnetic Theory previous year question papers free download
Anna University EEE EMT old question papers Regulation 2013
EE6302 Question Papers with answers, EMT previous year question bank – EEE 3rd Semester