EE6503 PE Question Papers
Anna University Regulation 2013 EEE EE6503 PE Question Papers for previous years are provided below. Previous Year Question Papers for EEE 5th SEM EE6503 Power Electronics are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) 5th SEM EE6503 PE -Power Electronics Syllabus
EE6503 POWER ELECTRONICS L T P C 3 0 0 3
• To get an overview of different types of power semiconductor devices and their switching characteristics.
• To understand the operation, characteristics and performance parameters of controlled rectifiers
• To study the operation, switching techniques and basics topologies of DC-DC switching regulators.
• To learn the different modulation techniques of pulse width modulated inverters and to understand harmonic reduction methods.
• To study the operation of AC voltage controller and various configurations.
UNIT I POWERSEMI-CONDUCTOR DEVICES 9
Study of switching devices, Diode, SCR,TRIAC, GTO, BJT, MOSFET, IGBT-Static and Dynamic characteristics – Triggering and commutation circuit for SCR- Design of Driver and snubber circuit.
UNIT II PHASE-CONTROLLED CONVERTERS 9
2-pulse,3-pulse and 6-pulseconverters– performance parameters –Effect of source inductance–– Gate Circuit Schemes for Phase Control–Dual converters.
UNIT III DC TO DC CONVERTER 9
Step-down and step-up chopper-control strategy–Forced commutated chopper–Voltage commutated, Current commutated, Load commutated, Switched mode regulators- Buck, boost, buck- boost converter, Introduction to Resonant Converters.
UNIT IV INVERTERS 9
Single phase and three phase voltage source inverters(both1200 modeand1800 mode)–Voltage& harmonic control–PWM techniques: Sinusoidal PWM, modified sinusoidal PWM – multiple PWM – Introduction to space vector modulation –Current source inverter.
UNIT V AC TO AC CONVERTERS 9
Single phase and Three phase AC voltage controllers–Control strategy- Power Factor Control – Multistage sequence control -single phase and three phase cyclo converters –Introduction to Matrix converters.
• Ability to understand and analyse, linear and digital electronic circuits.
1. M.H.Rashid, ‘Power Electronics: Circuits, Devices and Applications’, Pearson Education, PHI Third Edition, New Delhi, 2004.
2. P.S.Bimbra “Power Electronics” Khanna Publishers, third Edition, 2003.
3. L. Umanand, “ Power Electronics Essentials and Applications”, Wiley, 2010.
1. Joseph Vithayathil,’ Power Electronics, Principles and Applications’, McGraw Hill Series, 6th Reprint, 2013.
2. Ashfaq Ahmed Power Electronics for Technology Pearson Education, Indian reprint, 2003.
3. Philip T. Krein, “Elements of Power Electronics” Oxford University Press, 2004 Edition.
4. Ned Mohan, Tore. M. Undel and, William. P. Robbins,‘ Power Electronics: Converters, Applications and Design’, John Wiley and sons, third edition,2003.
5. Daniel.W.Hart, “Power Electronics”, Indian Edition, Mc Graw Hill, 3rd Print, 2013.
6. M.D. Singh and K.B. Khanchandani, “Power Electronics,” Mc Graw Hill India, 2013.
EE6503 PE Question Papers– Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EE6503 PE Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EE6503 PE Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EE6503 PE Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
EE6503 PE Question Papers
Anna University 5th SEM EEE PE Question Papers with answers
EE6503 Power Electronics previous year question papers free download
Anna University EEE PE old question papers Regulation 2013
EE6503 Question Papers with answers, PE previous year question bank – EEE 5th Semester