EE6504 EM2 Important Questions
Anna University Regulation 2013 EEE EE6504 EM2 Important Questions with Answer Key for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for EEE 5th SEM EE6504 Electrical Machines 2 Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
EE6504 ELECTRICAL MACHINES II
UNIT I SYNCHRONOUS GENERATOR
1. Why the stator core is laminated?
2. Define voltage regulation
3. Write the causes of harmonics in the voltage and current waves of electrical machinery.
4. What are conditions for parallel operation of alternators?
5. Write the EMF equation of a three-phase alternator.
6. What are the advantages of salient pole type construction used for Synchronous machines?
7. What do you mean by “single layer” and “double layer” winding?
8. Compare the salient pole rotor and cylindrical pole rotor on stability point of view.
9. Where the damper windings are located? What are their functions?
10. What are the causes of changes in terminal voltage of Alternators when loaded?
11. What is meant by armature reaction in Alternators?
12. What do you mean by synchronous reactance? 13. What is meant by load angle of an Alternator?
14. Name the various methods for predetermining the voltage regulation of 3-phase Alternator.
15. What are the advantages and disadvantages of estimating the voltage regulation of an Alternator by EMF method?
16. Why is the synchronous impedance method of estimating voltage regulation considered as pessimistic method?
17. Why is the MMF method of estimating the voltage regulation considered as the optimistic method?
18. What are the advantages and disadvantages of three dark lamps method of synchronizing?
19. Why synchronous generators are to be constructed with more synchronous reactance and negligible resistance?
20. How does increase in excitation of the Alternator connected to infinite bus-bars affect the operation?
1. Describe construction and working of an alternator. (16)
2. i) Derive the emf equation of an alternator.(10)
ii) Explain pitch factor and distribution factor.(6)
3. Explain the determination of direct(d) and quadrature(q) axis synchronous reactance using slip test.(16)
4. A 3 phase, 6 pole, star-connected alternator revolves at 1000 r.p.m. The stator has 90 slots and 8 conductors per slot. The flux per pole is 0.05 wb (sinusoidally distributed). Calculate the voltage generated by the machine if the winding factor is 0.96.
5. Elaborate the discussion on capability curve with its boundaries of synchronous machine.
EE6504 EM2 All units Important Questions – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EE6504 EM2 Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For EE6504 EM2 Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EE6504 EM2 Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
EE6504 EM2 Important Questions
Anna University 5th SEM EEE EM2 Important Questions
EE6504 Electrical Machines 2 Answer Key free download
Anna University EEE EM2 Important Questions Regulation 2013
EE6504 Answer Key, EM2 Unit wise Important Questions- EEE 5th Semester