EE6504 EM2 Question Papers
Anna University Regulation 2013 EEE EE6504 EM2 Question Papers for previous years are provided below. Previous Year Question Papers for EEE 5th SEM EE6504 Electrical Machines 2 are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) 5th SEM EE6504 EM2 -Electrical Machines 2 Syllabus
EE6504 ELECTRICAL MACHINES – II L T P C 3 1 0 4
• To impart knowledge on Construction and performance of salient and non – salient type synchronous generators.
• To impart knowledge on Principle of operation and performance of synchronous motor.
• To impart knowledge on Construction, principle of operation and performance of induction machines. • To impart knowledge on Starting and speed control of three-phase induction motors.
• To impart knowledge on Construction, principle of operation and performance of single phase induction motors and special machines.
UNIT I SYNCHRONOUS GENERATOR 9
Constructional details – Types of rotors –winding factors- emf equation – Synchronous reactance – Armature reaction – Phasor diagrams of non salient pole synchronous generator connected to infinite bus–Synchronizing and parallel operation – Synchronizing torque -Change of excitation and StudentsFocus.com 59 mechanical input- Voltage regulation – EMF, MMF, ZPF and A.S.A methods – steady state powerangle characteristics– Two reaction theory –slip test -short circuit transients – Capability Curves
UNIT II SYNCHRONOUS MOTOR 9
Principle of operation – Torque equation – Operation on infinite bus bars – V and Inverted V curves – Power input and power developed equations – Starting methods – Current loci for constant power input, constant excitation and constant power developed-Hunting – natural frequency of oscillations – damper windings- synchronous condenser.
UNIT III THREE PHASE INDUCTION MOTOR 9
Constructional details – Types of rotors –- Principle of operation – Slip –cogging and crawlingEquivalent circuit – Torque-Slip characteristics – Condition for maximum torque – Losses and efficiency – Load test – No load and blocked rotor tests – Circle diagram – Separation of losses – Double cage induction motors –Induction generators – Synchronous induction motor.
UNIT IV STARTING AND SPEED CONTROL OF THREE PHASE INDUCTION MOTOR 9
Need for starting – Types of starters – DOL, Rotor resistance, Autotransformer and Star-delta starters – Speed control – Voltage control, Frequency control and pole changing – Cascaded connection-V/f control – Slip power recovery scheme-Braking of three phase induction motor: Plugging, dynamic braking and regenerative braking.
UNIT V SINGLE PHASE INDUCTION MOTORS AND SPECIAL MACHINES 9
Constructional details of single phase induction motor – Double field revolving theory and operation – Equivalent circuit – No load and blocked rotor test – Performance analysis – Starting methods of single-phase induction motors – Capacitor-start capacitor run Induction motor- Shaded pole induction motor – Linear induction motor – Repulsion motor – Hysteresis motor – AC series motor- Servo motorsStepper motors – introduction to magnetic levitation systems.
TOTAL (L:45+T:15): 60 PERIODS
• Ability to model and analyze electrical apparatus and their application to power system
1. A.E. Fitzgerald, Charles Kingsley, Stephen. D.Umans, ‘Electric Machinery’, Tata Mc Graw Hill publishing Company Ltd, 2003.
2. D.P. Kothari and I.J. Nagrath, ‘Electric Machines’, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company Ltd, 2002.
3. P.S. Bhimbhra, ‘Electrical Machinery’, Khanna Publishers, 2003.
1. M.N.Bandyopadhyay, Electrical Machines Theory and Practice, PHI Learning PVT LTD., New Delhi, 2009.
2. Charless A. Gross, “Electric /Machines, “CRC Press, 2010.
3. K. Murugesh Kumar, ‘Electric Machines’, Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd, 2002.
4. Syed A. Nasar, Electric Machines and Power Systems: Volume I, Mcgraw -Hill College; International ed Edition, January 1995.
5. Alexander S. Langsdorf, Theory of Alternating-Current Machinery, Tata McGraw Hill Publications, 2001.
EE6504 EM2 Question Papers– Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EE6504 EM2 Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EE6504 EM2 Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EE6504 EM2 Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
EE6504 EM2 Question Papers
Anna University 5th SEM EEE EM2 Question Papers with answers
EE6504 Electrical Machines 2 previous year question papers free download
Anna University EEE EM2 old question papers Regulation 2013
EE6504 Question Papers with answers, EM2 previous year question bank – EEE 5th Semester