EE8391 ET Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2017 EEE EE8391 ET Syllabus for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for EEE 3RD SEM EE8391 ELECTROMAGNETIC THEORY Engineering Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2017 ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING (EEE) 3RD SEM EE8391 ET – ELECTROMAGNETIC THEORY Engineering Syllabus
EE8391 ELECTROMAGNETIC THEORY ENGINEERING L T P C 3 0 0 3
• To introduce the basic mathematical concepts related to electromagnetic vector fields
• To impart knowledge on the concepts of
Electrostatic fields, electrical potential, energy density and their applications.
Magneto static fields, magnetic flux density, vector potential and its applications.
Different methods of emf generation and Maxwell’s equations
Electromagnetic waves and characterizing parameters
UNIT I ELECTROSTATICS – I
Sources and effects of electromagnetic fields – Coordinate Systems – Vector fields –Gradient,
Divergence, Curl – theorems and applications – Coulomb’s Law – Electric field intensity – Field
due to discrete and continuous charges – Gauss’s law and applications.
UNIT II ELECTROSTATICS – II
Electric potential – Electric field and equipotential plots, Uniform and Non-Uniform field,
Utilization factor – Electric field in free space, conductors, dielectrics – Dielectric polarization –
Dielectric strength – Electric field in multiple dielectrics – Boundary conditions, Poisson’s and
Laplace’s equations, Capacitance, Energy density, Applications.
UNIT III MAGNETOSTATICS
Lorentz force, magnetic field intensity (H) – Biot–Savart’s Law – Ampere’s Circuit Law – H due to
straight conductors, circular loop, infinite sheet of current, Magnetic flux density (B) – B in free
space, conductor, magnetic materials – Magnetization, Magnetic field in multiple media –
Boundary conditions, scalar and vector potential, Poisson’s Equation, Magnetic force, Torque,
Inductance, Energy density, Applications.
UNIT IV ELECTRODYNAMIC FIELDS
Magnetic Circuits – Faraday’s law – Transformer and motional EMF – Displacement current –
Maxwell’s equations (differential and integral form) – Relation between field theory and circuit
theory – Applications.
UNIT V ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES
Electromagnetic wave generation and equations – Wave parameters; velocity, intrinsic
impedance, propagation constant – Waves in free space, lossy and lossless dielectrics,
conductors- skin depth – Poynting vector – Plane wave reflection and refraction.
• Ability to understand the basic mathematical concepts related to electromagnetic vector
• Ability to understand the basic concepts about electrostatic fields, electrical potential,
energy density and their applications.
• Ability to acquire the knowledge in magneto static fields, magnetic flux density, vector
potential and its applications.
• Ability to understand the different methods of emf generation and Maxwell’s equations
• Ability to understand the basic concepts electromagnetic waves and characterizing
• Ability to understand and compute Electromagnetic fields and apply them for design and
analysis of electrical equipment and systems
1. Mathew N. O. Sadiku, ‘Principles of Electromagnetics’, 6th Edition, Oxford University
Press Inc. Asian edition, 2015.
2. William H. Hayt and John A. Buck, ‘Engineering Electromagnetics’, McGraw Hill Special
Indian edition, 2014.
Kraus and Fleish, ‘Electromagnetics with Applications’, McGraw Hill International
Editions, Fifth Edition, 2010.
1. V.V.Sarwate, ‘Electromagnetic fields and waves’, First Edition, Newage Publishers,
2. J.P.Tewari, ‘Engineering Electromagnetics – Theory, Problems and Applications’,
Second Edition, Khanna Publishers.
3. Joseph. A.Edminister, ‘Schaum’s Outline of Electromagnetics, Third Edition (Schaum’s
Outline Series), McGraw Hill, 2010.
4. S.P.Ghosh, Lipika Datta, ‘Electromagnetic Field Theory’, First Edition, McGraw Hill
Education(India) Private Limited, 2012.
5. K A Gangadhar, ‘Electromagnetic Field Theory’, Khanna Publishers; Eighth Reprint :
To Download Syllabus – Click here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EE8391 ET Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For EE8391 ET Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EE8391 ET Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EE8391 ET Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
EE8391 ET Syllabus
Anna University 3RD SEM EEE ET Syllabus
EE8391 ELECTROMAGNETIC THEORY Engineering Syllabus free download
Anna University EEE ET Syllabus Regulation 2017
EE8391 Syllabus, ET Unit wise Syllabus – EEE 3RD Semester