EE8702 PSOC 2marks
Anna University Regulation 2017 EEE EE8702 PSOC 2marks & 16marks for all 5 units are provided below. EE8702 PSOC Short answers, Question Bank for POWER SYSTEM OPERATION AND CONTROL Engineering are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
EE8702 PSOC POWER SYSTEM OPERATION AND CONTROL
1. What is the objective of power system control?
The objective of power system control is to maintain a continuous balance between electrical generation and varying load demand while system frequency and voltage levels are maintained constant.
2. Define load.
Load is defined as a device that taps energy from the network.
3. List out the types of loads.
The types of loads are,
1. Residential load: It consists of domestic lights, fans, heaters, refrigerators, television, radio and air-conditioners.
2. Commercial load: It covers offices, hospitals, hotels, shopping complex and theatres.
3. Industrial load: It covers small and heavy industries working on shifts.
4. Agricultural load: It occurs during the day time.
5. Municipal load: it consists of street-lighting, water supply and drainage.
4. What is load curve?
Load curve is the curve showing the variation of load on the power station with respect to time. It can be plotted on a graph taking load on Y-axis and time on X-axis.
5. What is load duration curve?
Load duration curve is the curve obtained when the load elements of a load curve are arranged in the order of descending magnitudes
6. What is daily load curve?
Daily load curve is the curve showing the variation of load on the power station with respect to various time periods in a day. It can be plotted on a graph taking load on Y-axis and time on X-axis.
7. What is monthly load curve?
Monthly load curve is the curve showing the variation of load on the power station with respect to the period of the month. It is obtained from daily load curves of that month.
8. What is yearly load curve?
Yearly load curve is the curve showing the variation of load on the power station with respect to the period of the year. It is obtained from monthly load curves of that year.
9. What is connected load?
Connected load is the sum of continuous ratings of all the equipments connected to supply systems.
10. What is maximum demand?
Maximum demand is the greatest of all “short time interval averaged” during a given period on the power station.
11. What is demand factor?
Demand factor is the ratio of actual maximum demand on the system to total rated load connected to the system.
12. What is average demand?
Average demand is the average of loads occurring on the power station in a given period.
The types of average demands are,
1. Daily average demand = (no of units generated per day)/ (24 hours)
2. Monthly average demand = (no of units generated in month)/ (no of hours in a month)
3. Yearly average demand = (no of units generated in a year)/ (no of hours in a year)
13. What is load factor?
Load factor is the ratio of average load to the maximum demand during a certain period of time.
14. What is diversity factor?
Diversity factor is the ratio of the sum of the individual maximum demands of all the consumers to the maximum demand of the power station.
15. What is capacity factor?
Capacity factor is the ratio of the average load to the rated capacity of the power plant.
Capacity factor = (actual energy generated) / (Plant capacity x Number of Hours)
16. What is plant use factor?
Plant use factor or plant operating factor is the ratio of the actual energy generated during a given period to the product of capacity of plant and actual number of operating hours.
EE8702 PSOC Unit 1 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
EE8702 PSOC Unit 2 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
EE8702 PSOC Unit 3 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
EE8702 PSOC Unit 4 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
EE8702 PSOC All Units 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EE8702 PSOC Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For EE8702 PSOC Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EE8702 PSOC Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
EE8702 PSOC 2marks
Anna University 7th Sem EEE PSOC 2marks 16 marks
EE8702 POWER SYSTEM OPERATION AND CONTROL Engineering question bank free download
Anna University EEE PSOC short answers Regulation 2017
EE8702 2marks, PSOC Unit wise short answers – EEE 7th Semester