EI8351 EM Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2017 EIE EI8351 EM Syllabus for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for EIE 3RD SEM EI8351 ELECTRICAL MEASUREMENTS Engineering Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2017 Electronics and Communication Engineering (EIE) 3RD SEM EI8351 EM – ELECTRICAL MEASUREMENTS Engineering Syllabus
EI8351 ELECTRICAL MEASUREMENTS ENGINEERING L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To introduce the meters used to measure current & voltage.
- To have an adequate knowledge in the measurement techniques for power and energy,
power and energy meters are included.
- To provide Elaborate discussion about potentiometer & instrument transformers.
- To provide Detailed study of resistance measuring methods.
- To provide Detailed study of inductance and capacitance measurement.
UNIT I MEASUREMENT OF VOLTAGE AND CURRENT 6+6
Galvanometers: – Ballistic, D’Arsonval galvanometer – Theory, calibration, application – Principle,
construction, operation and comparison of moving coil, moving iron meters, dynamometer, induction
type & thermal type meter, rectifier type – Extension of range and calibration of voltmeter and
ammeter – Errors and compensation.
UNIT II MEASUREMENT OF POWER AND ENERGY 6+6
Electrodynamometer type wattmeter: – Theory & its errors – Methods of correction – LPF wattmeter–
Phantom loading – Induction type kWh meter – Induction type energy meter – Calibration of wattmeter
and Energy meter.
UNIT III POTENTIOMETERS & INSTRUMENT TRANSFORMERS 6+6
DC potentiometer:– Basic circuit, standardization – Laboratory type (Crompton’s) – AC
potentiometer:-Drysdale (polar type) type – Gall-Tinsley (coordinate) type – Limitations & applications
– Instrument Transformer:-C.T and P.T construction, theory, operation and characteristics.
UNIT IV RESISTANCE MEASUREMENT 6+6
Measurement of low, medium & high resistance: – Ammeter, voltmeter method – Wheatstone bridge–
Kelvin double bridge – Series and shunt type ohmmeter – High resistance measurement :-Loss of
charge method, Megohm bridge method –Megger – Direct deflection methods – Price’s guardwiremethod
– Earth resistance measurement.
UNIT V IMPEDANCE MEASUREMENT 6+6
A.C bridges:– Measurement of inductance, capacitance – Q of coil – Maxwell Bridge – Wein’s bridge–
Schering bridge – Anderson bridge –Hay’s bridge- Campbell bridge to measure mutual inductance –
Errors in A.C. bridge methods and their compensation – Detectors – Excited field – A.C.
galvanometer– Vibration galvanometer.
At the end of the course, the student should have the:
- Ability to measure current and voltage,
- Ability to understand AC and DC measurements.
- Ability to measure power and calibration of energy meters.
- Ability to measure current and voltage using potentiometric method.
- Ability to understand the resistance measurement
- Ability to use bridge circuit to measure resistance, inductance and capacitance.
- E.W. Golding &F.C.Widdis, ‘Electrical Measurements & Measuring Instruments’,
A.H.Wheeler& Co, 2001
- H.S. Kalsi, Electronic Instrumentation, McGraw-Hill Education, New Delhi, 2010
- A.K. Sawhney, A Course in Electrical & Electronic Measurements & Instrumentation,
Dhanpat Rai and Co, New Delhi, 2010.
- S.K.Singh, ‘Industrial Instrumentation and control’, Tata McGraw Hill, 2nd edn., 2002.
- J.B.Gupta, ‘A Course in Electronic and Electrical Measurements and
Instrumentation’,S.K.Kataria& Sons, Delhi, 2003.
- Martin U. Reissland, ‘Electrical Measurement – Fundamental Concepts and Applications’,
New Age International (P) Ltd., 2001.
- R.B. Northrop, Introduction to Instrumentation and Measurements, Taylor & Francis, New
- M.M.S. Anand, “Electronics Instruments and Instrumentation Technology”, Prentice Hall
India, NewDelhi, 2009.
- J.J. Carr, “Elements of Electronic Instrumentation and Measurement”, Pearson Education
India, New Delhi, 2011.
To Download Syllabus – Click here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EI8351 EM Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For EI8351 EM Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EI8351 EM Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EI8351 EM Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
EI8351 EM Syllabus
Anna University 3RD SEM EIE EM Syllabus
EI8351 ELECTRICAL MEASUREMENTS Engineering Syllabus free download
Anna University EIE EM Syllabus Regulation 2017
EI8351 Syllabus, EM Unit wise Syllabus – EIE 3RD Semester