EI8352 TE Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2017 EIE EI8352 TE Syllabus for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for EIE 3RD SEM EI8352TRANSDUCERS ENGINEERING Engineering Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2017 Electronics and Communication Engineering (EIE) 3RD SEM EI8352 TE -TRANSDUCERS ENGINEERING Engineering Syllabus
EI8352 ELECTRICAL MEASURTEENTS ENGINEERING
- Get to know the methods of measurement, classification of transducers and to analyze
- To understand the behavior of transducers under static and dynamic conditions and hence
to model the transducer.
- Get exposed to different types of resistive transducers and their application areas.
- To acquire knowledge on capacitive and inductive transducers.
- To gain knowledge on variety of transducers and get introduced to MEMS and Smart
UNIT I SCIENCE OF MEASUREMENTS AND CLASSIFICATION OF TRANSDUCERS 9
Units and standards – Static calibration – Classification of errors, Limiting error and probable error –
Error analysis – Statistical methods – Odds and uncertainty – Classification of transducers – Selection
UNIT II CHARACTERISTICS OF TRANSDUCERS 9
Static characteristics: – Accuracy, precision, resolution, sensitivity, linearity, span and range. Dynamic
characteristics: Mathematical model of transducer, Zero, I and II order transducers, Response to
impulse, step, ramp and sinusoidal inputs.
UNIT III VARIABLE RESISTANCE TRANSDUCERS 9
Principle of operation, construction details, characteristics and applications of potentiometer, strain
gauge, resistance thermometer, Thermistor, hot-wire anemometer, piezo-resistive sensor and
UNIT IV VARIABLE INDUCTANCE AND VARIABLE CAPACITANCE TRANSDUCERS 9
Inductive transducers: – Principle of operation, construction details, characteristics and applications of
LVDT, Induction potentiometer – Variable reluctance transducers – Synchros – Microsyn – Principle
of operation, construction details, characteristics of capacitive transducers – Different types & Signal
Conditioning – Applications:- Capacitor microphone, Capacitive pressure sensor, Proximity sensor.
UNIT V OTHER TRANSDUCERS
Piezoelectric transducer – Hall Effect transducer – Magneto elastic sensor – Digital transducers –
Fiber optic sensors – Thick & Thin Film sensors (Bio sensor & Chemical Sensor) – Environmental
Monitoring sensors (Water Quality & Air pollution) – Introduction to MEMS – Introduction to Smart
transducers and its interface standard
At the end of the course, the student should have the ability:
- Ability to apply the mathematical knowledge and science & engineering fundamentals
gained to solve problems pertaining to measurement applications.
- Ability to analyze the problems related to sensors & transducers.
- Ability to select the right sensor/transducer for a given application.
- Ability to determine the static and dynamic characteristics of transducers using software
- Ability to understand fiber optic sensor and applications.
- Ability to understand smart traducer and its standard.
- Doebelin E.O. and Manik D.N., “Measurement Systems”, 6th Edition, McGraw-Hill
Education Pvt. Ltd., 2011.
- Neubert H.K.P., Instrument Transducers – An Introduction to their Performance and
Design, Oxford University Press, Cambridge, 2003
- Bela G.Liptak, Instrument Engineers’ Handbook, Process Measurement and Analysis,
4th Edition, Vol. 1, ISA/CRC Press, 2003.
- D. Patranabis, Sensors and Transducers, 2nd edition, Prentice Hall of India, 2010. E.A.
- John P. Bentley, Principles of Measurement Systems, III Edition, Pearson Education,
- W.Bolton, Engineering Science, Elsevier Newnes, Fifth edition, 2006.
- Murthy, D.V.S., Transducers and Instrumentation, 2nd Edition, Prentice Hall of India
Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 2010.
- Ian Sinclair, Sensors and Transducers, 3rd Edition, Elsevier, 2012
To Download Syllabus – Click here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For EI8352 TE Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For EI8352 TE Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For EI8352 TE Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For EI8352 TE Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
EI8352 TE Syllabus
Anna University 3RD Sem EIE TE Syllabus
EI8352TRANSDUCERS ENGINEERING Engineering Syllabus free download
Anna University EIE TE Syllabus Regulation 2017
EI8352 Syllabus, TE Unit wise Syllabus – EIE 3RD Semester