GE6075 PEE Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Mechanical Engineering (MECH) GE6075 PEE Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for MECH 5th SEM GE6075 PROFESSIONAL ETHICS IN ENGINEERING – I Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Mechanical Engineering (MECH)
5th SEM GE6075 CA-PROFESSIONAL ETHICS IN ENGINEERING – I Syllabus
UNIT I HUMAN VALUES 10
Morals, values and Ethics – Integrity – Work ethic – Service learning – Civic virtue – Respect for others – Living peacefully – Caring – Sharing – Honesty – Courage – Valuing time – Cooperation – Commitment – Empathy – Self confidence – Character – Spirituality – Introduction to Yoga and meditation for professional excellence and stress management.
Senses of ‘Engineering Ethics’ – Variety of moral issues – Types of inquiry – Moral dilemmas – Moral Autonomy – Kohlberg’s theory – Gilligan’s theory – Consensus and Controversy – Models of professional roles – Theories about right action – Self-interest – Customs and Religion – Uses of Ethical Theories
UNIT III ENGINEERING AS SOCIAL EXPERIMENTATION 9
Engineering as Experimentation – Engineers as responsible Experimenters – Codes of Ethics – A Balanced Outlook on Law.
UNIT IV SAFETY, RESPONSIBILITIES AND RIGHTS 9
Safety and Risk – Assessment of Safety and Risk – Risk Benefit Analysis and Reducing Risk – Respect for Authority – Collective Bargaining – Confidentiality – Conflicts of Interest – Occupational Crime – Professional Rights – Employee Rights – Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) – Discrimination
UNIT V GLOBAL ISSUES 8
Multinational Corporations – Environmental Ethics – Computer Ethics – Weapons Development – Engineers as Managers – Consulting Engineers – Engineers as Expert Witnesses and Advisors – Moral Leadership –Code of Conduct – Corporate Social Responsibility
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
• Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to apply ethics in society, discuss the ethical issues related to engineering and realize the responsibilities and rights in the society
- Mike W. Martin and Roland Schinzinger, “Ethics in Engineering”, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2003.
- Govindarajan M, Natarajan S, Senthil Kumar V. S, “Engineering Ethics”, Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi, 2004.
- Charles B. Fleddermann, “Engineering Ethics”, Pearson Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 2004.
- Charles E. Harris, Michael S. Pritchard and Michael J. Rabins, “Engineering Ethics – Concepts
and Cases”, Cengage Learning, 2009
- John R Boatright, “Ethics and the Conduct of Business”, Pearson Education, New Delhi, 2003
- Edmund G Seebauer and Robert L Barry, “Fundametals of Ethics for Scientists and
Engineers”, Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2001
- Laura P. Hartman and Joe Desjardins, “Business Ethics: Decision Making for Personal
Integrity and Social Responsibility” Mc Graw Hill education, India Pvt. Ltd.,New Delhi 2013.
- World Community Service Centre, ” Value Education”, Vethathiri publications, Erode, 2011
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For GE6075 PEE Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For GE6075 PEE Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For GE6075 PEE Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For GE6075 PEE Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 5th SEM MECH PEE Syllabus
GE6075 PROFESSIONAL ETHICS IN ENGINEERING – I Syllabus free download
Anna University MECH PEE Syllabus Regulation 2013
GE6075 Syllabus, PEE Unit wise Syllabus – MECH 5th Semester