Anna University Regulation 2013 Information Technology (IT) GE6262 PHY CHEM 2 LAB Manual for all experiments is provided below. Download link for IT 2nd SEM GE6262 Physics & Chemistry 2 Laboratory Manual is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Information Technology (IT) 2nd SEM GE6262 PHY CHEM 2 LAB-Physics & Chemistry 2 Laboratory Manual
DETERMINATION OF COEFFICIENT OF VISCOSITY OF A LIQUID- POISEUILLE’S METHOD
To determine the coefficient of viscosity of a given liquid by Poiseuille’s method.
Graduated burette, Stop watch, Stand with clamp, Meter scale, Capillary tube, Rubber tube, Beaker, Pinch cock, Given liquid, Travelling microscope.
The liquid is allowed to flow through a uniform capillary tube which is held horizontally, under constant pressure difference between the two ends of the capillary. The flow of liquid through the tube is streamline and the layers which are in contact of the walls of the tube are at rest. The layer along the axis of the tube has the maximum velocity.
• The dry burette is fixed on the stand using the clamps as shown in fig.(2.1). The uniform circular bore capillary tube is fixed to the burette using a rubber tube.
• The capillary tube is arranged horizontal to the table. The stand is used to get uniform flow of a given liquid.
• A clamp and dry beaker is used to collect the water from the capillary tube for a known interval of time.
• The given liquid is poured into the burette. The stop clock is started when the liquid level crosses 0cc in burette.
• The time taken for the liquid to cross every 5cc (starts from 0cc) on the burette say 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 ….50 cc are noted and tabulated.
• The time taken for 5 cc of the liquid is determined for the flow time t seconds from the table.
• The initial height h1 and final height h2 are noted for every 5 cc interval. The length of the capillary tube (l) is measured by using meter scale.
TO FIND THE RADIUS OF THE CAPILLARY TUBE
• The radius of the capillary (r) is determined using the travelling microscope. The capillary tube is fixed on the stand and traveling microscope is adjusted to view the inner circle of the capillary tube as shown in Fig. (2.2).
• The vertical cross wire of the telescope is adjusted to coincide with the left edge (V1) of the inner circle. The corresponding MSR and VSC are noted. Similarly, the cross wire adjusted with the right edge (V2) of the inner circle and the readings are noted.
• The experiment is repeated using the horizontal cross wire of the telescope and the corresponding readings H1 and H2 are tabulated.
• The inner diameter of the capillary tube is determined by finding the difference between V1 and V2, H1 and H2. The average value of the diameter is used for the calculation.
GE6262 PHY 2 Lab Manual with all experiments – Download Here
GE6262 CHEM 2 Lab Manual with all experiments – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For GE6262 PHY CHEM 2 Lab Syllabus – Click here
Anna University 2nd SEM IT PHY CHEM 2 LAB Manual
GE6262 Physics & Chemistry 2 Laboratory Manual free download
Anna University IT PHY CHEM 2 LAB Manual Regulation 2013
GE6262 Manual, PHY CHEM 2 LAB experiment wise Manual – IT 2nd Semester