Anna University Regulation 2013 Information Technology (IT) GE6674 COMM SKILLS LAB Syllabus for all experiments is provided below. Download link for IT 6th SEM GE6674 Communication Skills Laboratory Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Information Technology (IT) 6th SEM GE6674 COMMUNICATION SKILLS LAB-Communication Skills Laboratory Syllabus
GE6674 COMMUNICATION AND SOFT SKILLS – LABORATORY BASED L T P C 0 0 4 2
To enable learners to develop their communicative competence.
To facilitate them to hone their soft skills.
To equip them with employ-ability skills to enhance their prospect of placements.
UNIT I LISTENING AND SPEAKING SKILLS 12
Conversational skills (formal and informal) – group discussion and interview skills – making presentations. Listening to lectures, discussions, talk shows, news programmes, dialogues from TV/radio/Ted talk/Podcast – watching videos on interesting events on You tube.
UNIT II READING AND WRITING SKILLS 12
Reading different genres of tests ranging from newspapers to philosophical treatises – reading strategies such as graphic organizers, summarizing and interpretation. Writing job applications – cover letter – resume – emails – letters – memos – reports – blogs – writing for publications.
UNIT III ENGLISH FOR NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL EXAMINATIONS AND PLACEMENTS 12
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – Graduate Record Examination (GRE) – Civil Service (Language related) – Verbal ability.
UNIT IV SOFT SKILLS (1) 12
Motivation – self image – goal setting – managing changes – time management – stress management – leadership traits – team work – career and life planning.
UNIT V SOFT SKILLS (2) 12
Multiple intelligences – emotional intelligence – spiritual quotient (ethics) – intercultural communication – creative and critical thinking – learning styles and strategies.
TOTAL: 60 PERIODS
1. To be totally learner-centric with minimum teacher intervention as the course revolves around practice.
2. Suitable audio/video samples from Podcast/YouTube to be used for illustrative purposes.
3. Portfolio approach for writing to be followed. Learners are to be encouraged to blog, tweet, text and email employing appropriate language.
4. GD/Interview/Role Play/Debate could be conducted off the laboratory (in a regular classroom) but learners are to be exposed to telephonic interview and video conferencing.
5. Learners are to be assigned to read/write/listen/view materials outside the classroom as well for gaining proficiency and better participation in the class.
INTERNAL: 20 MARKS
Record maintenance: Students should write a report on a regular basis on the activities conducted, focusing on the details such as the description of the activity, ideas emerged, learning outcomes and so on. At the end of the semester records can be evaluated out of 20 marks.
EXTERNAL: 80 MARKS
Online Test – 35 marks
Interview – 15 marks
Presentation – 15 marks
Group Discussion – 15 marks
NOTE ON INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL EVALUATION:
1. Interview – mock interview can be conducted on one-on-one basis.
2. Speaking – example for role play:
a. Marketing engineer convincing a customer to buy his product.
b. Telephonic conversation- fixing an official appointment / placing an order / enquiring and so on.
3. Presentation – should be extempore on simple topics.
4. Discussion – topics of different kinds; general topics, case studies and abstract concept.
At the end of the course, learners should be able to
Take international examination such as IELTS and TOEFL
Make presentations and Participate in Group Discussions.
Successfully answer questions in interviews.
1. Business English Certificate Materials, Cambridge University Press.
2. Graded Examinations in Spoken English and Spoken English for Work downloadable materials from Trinity College, London.
3. International English Language Testing System Practice Tests, Cambridge University Press.
4. Interactive Multimedia Programs on Managing Time and Stress.
5. Personality Development (CD-ROM), Times Multimedia, Mumbai.
6. Robert M Sherfield and et al. “Developing Soft Skills” 4th edition, New Delhi: Pearson Education, 2009.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For GE6674 COMM SKILLS Lab Manual download – Click here
Anna University 6th SEM IT COMM SKILLS LAB Syllabus
GE6674 Communication Skills Laboratory Syllabus free download
Anna University IT COMM SKILLS LAB Syllabus Regulation 2013
GE6674 Syllabus, COMM SKILLS LAB experiment wise Syllabus – IT 6th Semester