HS6151 ENG 1 Notes
Anna University Regulation 2013 Civil Engineering (CIVIL ) HS6151 ENG 1 Notes for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for CIVIL 1st SEM HS6151 Technical English 1 Lecture Notes are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
HS6151- Technical English 1
Subject- verb Agreement
Choose the correct form of the verb that agrees with the subject.
1. Either the physicians in this hospital or the chief administrator ____ (is / are) going to have to make a decision.
2. ______ (is / are) my boss or my sisters in the union going to win this grievance?
3. Some of the votes __________( seem/ seems) to have been miscounted.
4. He seems to forget that there __________(is/ are) things to be done before he can graduate.
5. A high percentage of the population _________ (is/are) voting for the new school.
6. One of my instructors ____________ (has/have) written a letter of recommendation for me.
7. Either the Committee on Course Design or the Committee on College Operations ____________ (decide /decides) these matters.
8. John or his brother ____________(is/ are) going to be responsible for this.
9. Annie and her brothers __________(is/are) at school.
10. Either my mother or my father _______(is/ are) coming to the meeting.
11. The dog or the cats _________ (is/are) outside.
12. Either my shoes or your coat ____________(is/ are) always on the floor.
13. George and Tamara ____________ (doesn’t/ don’t) want to see that movie.
14. Benito _________ (doesn’t/ don’t) know the answer.
15. One of my sisters ___________ (is/ are) going on a trip to France.
16. The man with all the birds _________ (live/ lives) on my street.
17. The movie, including all the previews__________ (take/ takes) about two hours to watch.
18. The players, as well as the captain, _________ (want/ wants) to win.
19. Either answer __________ (is/ are) acceptable.
20. Every one of those books _________ (is/ are) fiction.
21.Nobody ___________ (know/ knows) the trouble I’ve seen.
22._________ (Is/ Are) the news on at five or six?
23. Mathematics _________(is/ are) John’s favorite subject, while Civics (is, are) Andrea’s favorite subject.
24. Eight dollars _________ (is/ are) the price of a movie these days.
25. There _________ (was/ were) fifteen candies in that bag. Now there _________(is/ are) only one left!
HS6151 ENG 1 All Unit notes – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For HS6151 ENG 1 Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For HS6151 ENG 1 Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For HS6151 ENG 1 Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
Anna University 1st SEM CIVIL ENG 1 Lecture Notes
HS6151 Technical English 1 Notes free download
Anna University CIVIL ENG 1 Notes Regulation 2013
HS6151 Notes, ENG 1 Unit wise Lecture Notes – CIVIL 1st Semester