IC6501 CS 2marks
Anna University Regulation 2013 EEE IC6501 CS 2marks & 16marks for all 5 units are provided below. IC6501 CS Short answers, Question Bank for Control Systems is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Unit I – PART A
1. What is control system?
A system consists of a number of components connected together to perform a specific function. In a system when the output quantity is controlled by varying the input quantity then the system is called control system.
2. What are the two major types of control system?
The two major types of control system are open loop and closed loop
3. Define open loop control system.
The control system in which the output quantity has no effect upon the input quantity is called open loop control system. This means that the output is not feedback to the input for correction.
4. Define closed loop control system.
The control system in which the output has an effect upon the input quantity so as to maintain the desired output value is called closed loop control system.
5. What are the components of feedback control system?
The components of feedback control system are plant, feedback path elements, error detector and controller.
6. Distinguish between open loop and closed loop system
7. Why negative feedback is invariably preferred in closed loop system?
The negative feedback results in better stability in steady state and rejects any disturbance signals.
8. Define transfer function.
The transfer function of a system is defined as the ratio of the Laplace transform of output to Laplace transform of input with zero initial conditions.
9. What are the basic elements used for modeling mechanical translational system.
Mass, spring and dashpot.
10. What are the basic elements used for modeling mechanical rotational system?
Moment of inertia J, dashpot with rotational frictional coefficient B and torsional spring with stiffness K.
11. Write the force balance equation of an ideal mass element.
F = M d2 x/dt2
12. Write the force balance equation of ideal dashpot element.
F = B dx/dt
13. Write the force balance equation of ideal spring element.
F = kx
14. Name two types of electrical analogous for mechanical system.
The two types of analogies for the mechanical system are Force voltage and force current analogy.
15. Write the analogous electrical elements in force voltage analogy for the elements of mechanical translational system.
a. Force-voltage e b. Velocity v-current i c. Displacement x-charge q
d. Frictional coefficient B-Resistance R e. Mass M- Inductance L
f. Stiffness K-Inverse of capacitance 1/C
IC6501 CS Unit 1 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
IC6501 CS Unit 2 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
IC6501 CS Unit 3 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
IC6501 CS Unit 4 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
IC6501 CS All Units 2marks & 16marks – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For IC6501 CS Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For IC6501 CS Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For IC6501 CS Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
IC6501 CS 2marks
Anna University 5th SEM EEE CS 2marks 16 marks
IC6501 Control Systems question bank free download
Anna University EEE CS short answers Regulation 2013
IC6501 2marks, CS Unit wise short answers – EEE 5th Semester