IC6501 CS Notes
Anna University Regulation 2013 EEE IC6501 CS Notes, Control Systems Lecture Handwritten Notes for all 5 units with Download link for EEE 5th SEM IC6501 Control Systems Lecture Handwritten Notes are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
- Control System means any quantity of interest in a machine or mechanism is maintained or altered in accordance with desired manner
- A system which controls the output quantity is called a control system
- Controlled Variable: It is the quantity or condition that is measured & controlled
- Controller: Controller means measuring the value of the controlled variable of the system & applying the manipulated variable to the system to correct or to limit the deviation of the measured value to the desired value.
- Plant: A plant is a piece of equipment, which is a set of machine parts functioning together. The purpose of which is to perform a particular operation. Example: Furnace, Space craft etc.,
- System: A system is a combination of components that works together & performs certain objective.
- Disturbance: A disturbance is a signal that tends to affect the value of the output of a system. If disturbances created inside the system, it is called internal While an external disturbance is generated outside the system.
- Feedback Control: It is an operation that, in the presence of disturbance tends to reduce the difference between the output of a system & some reference input.
- Servo Mechanism: servo mechanism is a feedback controlled system in which the output is some mechanical position, velocity or acceleration.
- Open loop System: In an Open loop System, the control action is independent of the desired output. OR When the output quantity of the control system is not fed back to the input quantity, the control system is called an Open loop System.
- Closed loop System: In the Closed loop Control System the control action is dependent on the desired output, where the output quantity is considerably controlled by sending a command signal to input quantity
Classification of Control Systems
The Control System can be classified mainly depending upon,
(a) Method of analysis & design, as Linear & Non- Linear Systems.
(b) The type of the signal, as Time Varying, Time Invariant, Continuous data, Discrete data systems etc.
(c) The type of system components, as Electro Mechanical, Hydraulic, Thermal, Pneumatic Control systems etc.
(d)The main purpose, as Position control & Velocity control Systems.
Linear & Non -Linear Systems:
In a linear system, the principle of superposition can be applied. In non- linear system, principle & homogeneity.
Time Varying & Time Invariant Systems:
- While operating a control system, if the parameters are unaffected by the time, then the system is called Time Invariant Control System.
- Most physical systems have parameters changing with time. If this variation is measurable during the system operation then the system is called Time Varying System.
- If there is no non-linearity in the time varying system, then the system may be called as Linear Time varying System.
Discrete Data Systems:
- If the signal is not continuously varying with time but it is in the form of pulses. Then the control system is called Discrete Data Control System.
- If the signal is in the form of pulse data, then the system is called Sampled Data Control System.
- Here the information supplied intermittently at specific instants of time. This has the advantage of Time sharing system.
- On the other hand, if the signal is in the form of digital code, the system is called Digital Coded System.
- Here use of Digital computers, µp, µc is made use of such systems are analyzed by the Z- transform theory.
IC6501 CS Unit 1 notes – Download Here
IC6501 CS Unit 2 notes – Download Here
IC6501 CS Unit 3 notes – Download Here
IC6501 CS Unit 4 notes – Download Here
IC6501 CS All Units notes – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For IC6501 CS Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For IC6501 CS Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For IC6501 CS Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
IC6501 CS Notes
Anna University 5th SEM EEE CS Lecture Handwritten Notes
IC6501 Control Systems Notes free download
Anna University EEE CS Notes Regulation 2013
IC6501 Notes, CS Unit wise Lecture Handwritten Notes – EEE 5th Semester