Anna University Regulation 2013 Information Technology (IT) IT6411 OPERATING SYSTEMS LAB Syllabus for all experiments is provided below. Download link for IT 4th SEM IT6411 Operating Systems Laboratory Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Information Technology (IT) 4th SEM IT6411 OPERATING SYSTEMS LAB-Operating Systems Laboratory Syllabus
IT6412 OPERATING SYSTEMS LABORATORY L T P C 0 0 3 2
The student should be made to:
Learn shell programming and the use of filters in the UNIX environment.
Be exposed to programming in C using system calls.
Learn to use the file system related system calls.
Be exposed to process creation and inter process communication.
Be familiar with implementation of CPU Scheduling Algorithms, page replacement algorithms and Deadlock avoidance
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS:
1. Basics of UNIX commands.
2. Shell Programming.
3. Implement the following CPU scheduling algorithms a) Round Robin b) SJF c) FCFS d) Priority
4. Implement all file allocation strategies a) Sequential b) Indexed c) Linked
5. Implement Semaphores
6. Implement all File Organization Techniques a) Single level directory b) Two level c) Hierarchical d) DAG
7. Implement Bankers Algorithm for Dead Lock Avoidance
8. Implement an Algorithm for Dead Lock Detection
9. Implement e all page replacement algorithms a) FIFO b) LRU c) LFU
10. Implement Shared memory and IPC
11. Implement Paging Technique of memory management.
12. Implement Threading & Synchronization Applications
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
At the end of the course, the student should be able to
Implement deadlock avoidance, and Detection Algorithms
Compare the performance of various CPU Scheduling Algorithm
Critically analyze the performance of the various page replacement algorithms
Create processes and implement IPC
LAB EQUIPMENT FOR A BATCH OF 30 STUDENTS:
Standalone desktops with C / C++ / Java / Equivalent compiler 30 Nos.
Server with C / C++ / Java / Equivalent compiler supporting 30 terminals or more.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For IT6411 OPERATING SYSTEMS Lab Manual download – Click here
Anna University 4th SEM IT OPERATING SYSTEMS LAB Syllabus
IT6411 Operating Systems Laboratory Syllabus free download
Anna University IT Operating Systems lab Syllabus Regulation 2013
IT6411 Syllabus, Operating Systems lab experiment wise Syllabus – IT 4th Semester