Anna University Regulation 2013 Information Technology (IT) MA6151 M1 Notes for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for IT 1st SEM MA6151 Mathematics 1 Lecture Notes are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
MA6151 MATHEMATICS – I L T P C 3 1 0 4
To develop the use of matrix algebra techniques this is needed by engineers for practical applications.
To make the student knowledgeable in the area of infinite series and their convergence so that he/ she will be familiar with limitations of using infinite series approximations for solutions arising in mathematical modeling.
To familiarize the student with functions of several variables. This is needed in many branches of engineering.
To introduce the concepts of improper integrals, Gamma, Beta and Error functions which are needed in engineering applications.
To acquaint the student with mathematical tools needed in evaluating multiple integrals and their usage.
UNIT I MATRICES
Eigenvalues and Eigen vectors of a real matrix – Characteristic equation – Properties of eigenvalues and eigenvectors – Statement and applications of Cayley-Hamilton Theorem – Diagonalization of matrices – Reduction of a quadratic form to canonical form by orthogonal transformation – Nature of quadratic forms.
UNIT II SEQUENCES AND SERIES
Sequences: Definition and examples – Series: Types and Convergence – Series of positive terms – Tests of convergence: Comparison test, Integral test and D‟Alembert‟s ratio test – Alternating series – Leibnitz‟s test – Series of positive and negative terms – Absolute and conditional convergence.
UNIT III APPLICATIONS OF DIFFERENTIAL CALCULUS
Curvature in Cartesian co-ordinates – Centre and radius of curvature – Circle of curvature – Evolutes – Envelopes – Evolute as envelope of normals.
UNIT IV DIFFERENTIAL CALCULUS OF SEVERAL VARIABLES
Limits and Continuity – Partial derivatives – Total derivative – Differentiation of implicit functions – Jacobian and properties – Taylor‟s series for functions of two variables – Maxima and minima of functions of two variables – Lagrange‟s method of undetermined multipliers.
UNIT V MULTIPLE INTEGRALS 9+3 Double integrals in cartesian and polar coordinates – Change of order of integration – Area enclosed by plane curves – Change of variables in double integrals – Area of a curved surface – Triple integrals – Volume of Solids.
TOTAL (L:45+T:15): 60 PERIODS
This course equips students to have basic knowledge and understanding in one fields of materials, integral and differential calculus.
1. Bali N. P and Manish Goyal, “A Text book of Engineering Mathematics”, Eighth Edition, Laxmi Publications Pvt Ltd., 2011.
2. Grewal. B.S, “Higher Engineering Mathematics”, 41st Edition, Khanna Publications, Delhi, 2011.
1. Dass, H.K., and Er. Rajnish Verma,” Higher Engineering Mathematics”, S. Chand Private Ltd., 2011.
2. Glyn James, “Advanced Modern Engineering Mathematics”, 3rd Edition, Pearson Education, 2012.
3. Peter V. O‟Neil,” Advanced Engineering Mathematics”, 7th Edition, Cengage learning, (2012).
4. Ramana B.V, “Higher Engineering Mathematics”, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company, New Delhi, 2008.
5. Sivarama Krishna Das P. and Rukmangadachari E., “Engineering Mathematics”, Volume I, Second Edition, PEARSON Publishing, 2011.
MA6151 M1 Unit 5 notes – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
Anna University 1st SEM IT M1 Lecture Notes
MA6151 Mathematics 1 Notes free download
Anna University IT M1 Notes Regulation 2013
MA6151 Notes, M1 Unit wise Lecture Notes – IT 1st Semester