Anna University Regulation 2013 Information Technology (IT) MA6351 TPDE 2marks & 16marks for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for IT 3rd SEM MA6351 Transforms and Partial Differential Equations Short answers, Question Bank are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
MA6351 TRANSFORMS AND PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS L T P C 3 1 0 4
x To introduce Fourier series analysis which is central to many applications in engineering apart from its use in solving boundary value problems.
x To acquaint the student with Fourier transform techniques used in wide variety of situations.
x To introduce the effective mathematical tools for the solutions of partial differential equations that model several physical processes and to develop Z transform techniques for discrete time systems.
UNIT I PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
Formation of partial differential equations – Singular integrals — Solutions of standard types of first order partial differential equations – Lagrange‟s linear equation — Linear partial differential equations of second and higher order with constant coefficients of both homogeneous and non-homogeneous types.
UNIT II FOURIER SERIES
Dirichlet‟s conditions – General Fourier series – Odd and even functions – Half range sine series – Half range cosine series – Complex form of Fourier series – Parseval‟s identity – Harmonic analysis.
UNIT III APPLICATIONS OF PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
Classification of PDE – Method of separation of variables – Solutions of one dimensional wave equation – One dimensional equation of heat conduction – Steady state solution of two dimensional equation of heat conduction (excluding insulated edges).
UNIT IV FOURIER TRANSFORMS
Statement of Fourier integral theorem – Fourier transform pair – Fourier sine and cosine transforms – Properties – Transforms of simple functions – Convolution theorem – Parseval‟s identity.
UNIT V Z – TRANSFORMS AND DIFFERENCE EQUATIONS
Z- transforms – Elementary properties – Inverse Z – transform (using partial fraction and residues) – Convolution theorem – Formation of difference equations – Solution of difference equations using Z – transform.
TOTAL (L:45+T:15): 60 PERIODS
x The understanding of the mathematical principles on transforms and partial differential equations would provide them the ability to formulate and solve some of the physical problems of engineering.
1. Veerarajan. T., “Transforms and Partial Differential Equations”, Tata McGraw Hill Education Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, Second reprint, 2012.
2. Grewal. B.S., “Higher Engineering Mathematics”, 42nd Edition, Khanna Publishers, Delhi, 2012.
3. Narayanan.S., Manicavachagom Pillay.T.K and Ramanaiah.G “Advanced Mathematics for Engineering Students” Vol. II & III, S.Viswanathan Publishers Pvt. Ltd.1998.
1. Bali.N.P and Manish Goyal, “A Textbook of Engineering Mathematics”, 7th Edition, Laxmi Publications Pvt Ltd, 2007.
2. Ramana.B.V., “Higher Engineering Mathematics”, Tata Mc Graw Hill Publishing Company Limited, NewDelhi, 2008.
3. Glyn James, “Advanced Modern Engineering Mathematics”, 3rd Edition, Pearson Education, 2007.
4. Erwin Kreyszig, “Advanced Engineering Mathematics”, 8th Edition, Wiley India, 2007.
5. Ray Wylie. C and Barrett.L.C, “Advanced Engineering Mathematics” Tata Mc Graw Hill Education Pvt Ltd, Sixth Edition, New Delhi, 2012.
6. Datta.K.B., “Mathematical Methods of Science and Engineering”, Cengage Learning India Pvt Ltd, Delhi, 2013.
MA6351 TPDE All Units 2marks&16marks – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For MA6351 TPDE Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For MA6351 TPDE Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For MA6351 TPDE Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 3rd SEM IT TPDE 2marks 16 marks
MA6351 Transforms and Partial Differential Equations question bank free download
Anna University IT TPDE short answers Regulation 2013
MA6351 2marks, TPDE Unit wise short answers – IT 3rd Semester