MA6451 PRP Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electronic Communications Engineering (ECE) MA6451 PRP Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for ECE 4th SEM MA6451 PROBABILITY AND RANDOM PROCESSES Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electronic Communications Engineering (ECE)
4th SEM MA6451 PRP-PROBABILITY AND RANDOM PROCESSES Syllabus
MA6451 PROBABILITY AND RANDOM PROCESSES L T P C 3 0 0 3
To provide necessary basic concepts in probability and random processes for applications such as random signals, linear systems etc in communication engineering.
UNIT I RANDOM VARIABLES 9+3
Discrete and continuous random variables – Moments – Moment generating functions – Binomial, Poisson, Geometric, Uniform, Exponential, Gamma and Normal distributions.
UNIT II TWO – DIMENSIONAL RANDOM VARIABLES 9+3
Joint distributions – Marginal and conditional distributions – Covariance – Correlation and Linear regression – Transformation of random variables.
Classification – Stationary process – Markov process – Poisson process – Random telegraph process.
UNIT IV CORRELATION AND SPECTRAL DENSITIES 9+3
Auto correlation functions – Cross correlation functions – Properties – Power spectral density – Cross spectral density – Properties.
UNIT V LINEAR SYSTEMS WITH RANDOM INPUTS 9+3
Linear time invariant system – System transfer function – Linear systems with random inputs – Auto correlation and Cross correlation functions of input and output.
TOTAL (L:45+T:15): 60 PERIODS
The students will have an exposure of various distribution functions and help in acquiring skills in handling situations involving more than one variable. Able to analyze the response of random inputs to linear time invariant systems.
1. Ibe.O.C., “Fundamentals of Applied Probability and Random Processes”, Elsevier, 1st Indian Reprint, 2007.
2. Peebles. P.Z., “Probability, Random Variables and Random Signal Principles”, Tata Mc Graw Hill, 4th Edition, New Delhi, 2002.
- Yates. R.D. and Goodman. D.J., “Probability and Stochastic Processes”, 2nd Edition, Wiley India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, 2012.
- Stark. H., and Woods. J.W., “Probability and Random Processes with Applications to Signal Processing”, 3rd Edition,Pearson Education, Asia, 2002.
- Miller. S.L. and Childers. D.G., “Probability and Random Processes with Applications to Signal Processing and Communications”, Academic Press, 2004.
- Hwei Hsu, “Schaum‟s Outline of Theory and Problems of Probability, Random Variables and Random Processes”, Tata Mc Graw Hill Edition, New Delhi, 2004.
- Cooper. G.R., Mc Gillem. C.D., “Probabilistic Methods of Signal and System Analysis”, 3rd Indian Edition, Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 2012.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For MA6451 PRP Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For MA6451 PRP Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For MA6451 PRP Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For MA6451 PRP Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 4th SEM ECE PRP Syllabus
MA6451 PROBABILITY AND RANDOM PROCESSES Syllabus free download
Anna University ECE PRP Syllabus Regulation 2013
MA6451 Syllabus, PRP Unit wise Syllabus – ECE 4th Semester