Anna University Regulation 2013 Information Technology (IT) MA6453 PQT Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for IT 4th SEM MA6453 Probability & Queueing Theory Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Information Technology (IT) 4th SEM MA6453 PQT – Probability & Queueing Theory Syllabus
MA6453 PROBABILITY AND QUEUEING THEORY L T P C 3 1 0 4
To provide the required mathematical support in real life problems and develop probabilistic models which can be used in several areas of science and engineering.
UNIT I RANDOM VARIABLES 9+3
Discrete and continuous random variables – Moments – Moment generating functions – Binomial, Poisson, Geometric, Uniform, Exponential, Gamma and Normal distributions.
UNIT II TWO – DIMENSIONAL RANDOM VARIABLES 9+3
Joint distributions – Marginal and conditional distributions – Covariance – Correlation and Linear regression – Transformation of random variables.
UNIT III RANDOM PROCESSES 9+3
Classification – Stationary process – Markov process – Poisson process – Discrete parameter Markov chain – Chapman Kolmogorov equations – Limiting distributions.
UNIT IV QUEUEING MODELS 9+3
Markovian queues – Birth and Death processes – Single and multiple server queueing models – Little‟s formula – Queues with finite waiting rooms – Queues with impatient customers: Balking and reneging.
UNIT V ADVANCED QUEUEING MODELS 9+3
Finite source models – M/G/1 queue – Pollaczek Khinchin formula – M/D/1 and M/EK/1 as special cases – Series queues – Open Jackson networks.
TOTAL (L:45+T:15): 60 PERIODS
The students will have a fundamental knowledge of the probability concepts.
Acquire skills in analyzing queueing models.
It also helps to understand and characterize phenomenon which evolve with respect to time in a probabilistic manner.
1. Ibe. O.C., “Fundamentals of Applied Probability and Random Processes”, Elsevier, 1st Indian Reprint, 2007.
2. Gross. D. and Harris. C.M., “Fundamentals of Queueing Theory”, Wiley Student edition, 2004.
1. Robertazzi, “Computer Networks and Systems: Queueing Theory and Performance Evaluation”, , 3rd Edition, Springer, 2006.
2. Taha. H.A., “Operations Research”, 8th Edition, Pearson Education, Asia, 2007.
3. Trivedi.K.S., “Probability and Statistics with Reliability, Queueing and Computer Science Applications”, 2nd Edition, John Wiley and Sons, 2002.
4. Hwei Hsu, “Schaum‟s Outline of Theory and Problems of Probability, Random Variables and Random Processes”, Tata McGraw Hill Edition, New Delhi, 2004.
5. Yates. R.D. and Goodman. D. J., “Probability and Stochastic Processes”, 2nd Edition, Wiley India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, 2012.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For MA6453 PQT Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For MA6453 PQT Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For MA6453 PQT Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For MA6453 PQT Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 4th SEM IT PQT Syllabus
MA6453 Probability & Queueing Theory Syllabus free download
Anna University IT PQT Syllabus Regulation 2013
MA6453 Syllabus, PQT Unit wise Syllabus – IT 4th Semester