MA6453 PQT Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science Engineering (CSE) MA6453 PQT Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for CSE 4th SEM MA6453 PROBABILITY AND QUEUEING THEORY Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
4th SEM MA6453 PQT-PROBABILITY AND QUEUEING THEORY Syllabus
MA6453 PROBABILITY AND QUEUEING THEORY L T P C 3 0 0 3
UNIT I RANDOM VARIABLES 9+3
Discrete and continuous random variables – Moments – Moment generating functions – Binomial, Poisson, Geometric, Uniform, Exponential, Gamma and Normal distributions.
UNIT II TWO – DIMENSIONAL RANDOM VARIABLES 9+3
Joint distributions – Marginal and conditional distributions – Covariance – Correlation and Linear regression – Transformation of random variables.
UNIT III RANDOM PROCESSES 9+3
Classification – Stationary process – Markov process – Poisson process – Discrete parameter Markov chain – Chapman Kolmogorov equations – Limiting distributions.
UNIT IV QUEUEING MODELS 9+3
Markovian queues – Birth and Death processes – Single and multiple server queueing models – Little‟s formula – Queues with finite waiting rooms – Queues with impatient customers: Balking and reneging.
UNIT V ADVANCED QUEUEING MODELS 9+3
Finite source models – M/G/1 queue – Pollaczek Khinchin formula – M/D/1 and M/EK/1 as special cases – Series queues – Open Jackson networks.
TOTAL (L:45+T:15): 60 PERIODS
- The students will have a fundamental knowledge of the probability concepts.
- Acquire skills in analyzing queueing models.
- It also helps to understand and characterize phenomenon which evolve with respect to time ina probabilistic manner.
- Ibe. O.C., “Fundamentals of Applied Probability and Random Processes”, Elsevier, 1st Indian Reprint, 2007.
- Gross. D. and Harris. C.M., “Fundamentals of Queueing Theory”, Wiley Student edition, 2004.
- Robertazzi, “Computer Networks and Systems: Queueing Theory and performance evaluation”, Springer, 3rd Edition, 2006.
- Taha. H.A., “Operations Research”, Pearson Education, Asia, 8th Edition, 2007.
- Trivedi.K.S., “Probability and Statistics with Reliability, Queueing and Computer ScienceApplications”, John Wiley and Sons, 2nd Edition, 2002. 42
- Hwei Hsu, “Schaum‟s Outline of Theory and Problems of Probability, Random Variables and Random Processes”, Tata McGraw Hill Edition, New Delhi, 2004.
- Yates. R.D. and Goodman. D. J., “Probability and Stochastic Processes”, Wiley India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, 2nd Edition, 2012.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For MA6453 PQT Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For MA6453 PQT Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For MA6453 PQT Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For MA6453 PQT Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 4th SEM CSE PQT Syllabus
MA6453 PROBABILITY AND QUEUEING THEORY Syllabus free download
Anna University CSE PQT Syllabus Regulation 2013
MA6453 Syllabus, PQT Unit wise Syllabus – CSE 4th Semester