MA6566 DM Important Questions
Anna University Regulation 2013 CSE MA6566 DM Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for CSE 5th SEM MA6566 Discrete Mathematics Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
MA6566 DM Important Questions
To extend student‟s Logical and Mathematical maturity and ability to deal with abstraction and to introduce most of the basic terminologies used in computer science courses and application of ideas to solve practical problems.
UNIT I LOGIC AND PROOFS 9+3
Propositional Logic – Propositional equivalences – Predicates and Quantifiers – Nested Quantifiers – Rules of inference – Introduction to proofs – Proof methods and strategy.
UNIT II COMBINATORICS 9+3
Mathematical induction – Strong induction and well ordering – The basics of counting – The pigeonhole principle – Permutations and combinations – Recurrence relations – Solving linear recurrence relations – Generating functions – Inclusion and exclusion principle and its applications.
UNIT III GRAPHS 9+3
Graphs and graph models – Graph terminology and special types of graphs – Matrix representation of graphs and graph isomorphism – Connectivity – Euler and Hamilton paths.
UNIT IV ALGEBRAIC STRUCTURES 9+3
Algebraic systems – Semi groups and monoids – Groups – Subgroups – Homomorphism‟s – Normal subgroup and cosets – Lagrange‟s theorem – Definitions and examples of Rings and Fields.
UNIT V LATTICES AND BOOLEAN ALGEBRA 9+3
Partial ordering – Posets – Lattices as posets – Properties of lattices – Lattices as algebraic systems – Sub lattices – Direct product and homomorphism – Some special lattices – Boolean algebra.
TOTAL (L: 45+T:15): 60 PERIODS
At the end of the course, students would:
- Have knowledge of the concepts needed to test the logic of a program.
- Have an understanding in identifying structures on many levels.
- Be aware of a class of functions which transform a finite set into another finite set which relates toinput and output functions in computer science.
- Be aware of the counting principles.
- Be exposed to concepts and properties of algebraic structures such as groups, rings and fields.
1. Kenneth H.Rosen, “Discrete Mathematics and its Applications”, 7th Edition, Tata Mc Graw Hill Pub. Co. Ltd., New Delhi, Special Indian Edition, 2011.
2. Tremblay J.P. and Manohar R, “Discrete Mathematical Structures with Applications to Computer Science”, Tata Mc Graw Hill Pub. Co. Ltd, New Delhi, 30th Reprint, 2011.
1. Ralph.P.Grimaldi., “Discrete and Combinatorial Mathematics: An Applied Introduction”, 4th Edition, Pearson Education Asia, Delhi, 2007.
2. Thomas Koshy., “Discrete Mathematics with Applications”, Elsevier Publications, 2006.
3.Seymour Lipschutz and Mark Lipson., “Discrete Mathematics”, Schaum‟s Outlines,Tata Mc Graw Hill Pub. Co. Ltd., New Delhi, 3rd Edition, 2010.
MA6566 DM Important Questions – Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For MA6566 DM Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For MA6566 DM Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For MA6566 DM Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 5th SEM CSE DM Important Questions
MA6566 Discrete Mathematics Answer Key free download
Anna University CSE DM Important Questions Regulation 2013
MA6566 Answer Key, DM Unit wise Important Questions- CSE 5th Semester