MA8353 TPDE Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2017 EEE MA8353 TPDE Syllabus for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for EEE 3RD SEM MA8353 TRANSFORMS AND PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS Engineering Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2017 ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING (EEE) 3RD SEM MA8353 TPDE – TRANSFORMS AND PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS Engineering Syllabus
MA8353 TRANSFORMS AND PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS ENGINEERING L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To introduce the basic concepts of PDE for solving standard partial differential equations.
- To introduce Fourier series analysis which is central to many applications in engineering apart
from its use in solving boundary value problems.
- To acquaint the student with Fourier series techniques in solving heat flow problems used in
- To acquaint the student with Fourier transform techniques used in wide variety of situations.
- To introduce the effective mathematical tools for the solutions of partial differential equations
that model several physical processes and to develop Z transform techniques for discrete time
UNIT I PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS 12
Formation of partial differential equations – Singular integrals – Solutions of standard types of first
order partial differential equations – Lagrange’s linear equation – Linear partial differential equations of
second and higher order with constant coefficients of both homogeneous and non-homogeneous
UNIT II FOURIER SERIES 12
Dirichlet’s conditions – General Fourier series – Odd and even functions – Half range sine series –
Half range cosine series – Complex form of Fourier series – Parseval’s identity – Harmonic analysis.
UNIT III APPLICATIONS OF PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS 12
Classification of PDE – Method of separation of variables – Fourier Series Solutions of one
dimensional wave equation – One dimensional equation of heat conduction – Steady state solution of
two dimensional equation of heat conduction.
UNIT IV FOURIER TRANSFORMS 12
Statement of Fourier integral theorem – Fourier transform pair – Fourier sine and
cosine transforms – Properties – Transforms of simple functions – Convolution theorem – Parseval’s
UNIT V Z – TRANSFORMS AND DIFFERENCE EQUATIONS 12
Z-transforms – Elementary properties – Inverse Z-transform (using partial fraction and residues) –
Initial and final value theorems – Convolution theorem – Formation of difference equations – Solution
of difference equations using Z – transform.
TOTAL : 60 PERIODS
Upon successful completion of the course, students should be able to:
- Understand how to solve the given standard partial differential equations.
- Solve differential equations using Fourier series analysis which plays a vital role in engineering
- Appreciate the physical significance of Fourier series techniques in solving one and two
dimensional heat flow problems and one dimensional wave equations.
- Understand the mathematical principles on transforms and partial differential equations would
provide them the ability to formulate and solve some of the physical problems of engineering.
- Use the effective mathematical tools for the solutions of partial differential equations by using
Z transform techniques for discrete time systems.
TEXT BOOKS :
- Grewal B.S., “Higher Engineering Mathematics”, 43rd Edition, Khanna Publishers, New Delhi,
- Narayanan S., Manicavachagom Pillay.T.K and Ramanaiah.G “Advanced Mathematics for
Engineering Students”, Vol. II & III, S.Viswanathan Publishers Pvt. Ltd, Chennai, 1998.
- Andrews, L.C and Shivamoggi, B, “Integral Transforms for Engineers” SPIE Press, 1999.
- Bali. N.P and Manish Goyal, “A Textbook of Engineering Mathematics”, 9th Edition, Laxmi
Publications Pvt. Ltd, 2014.
- Erwin Kreyszig, “Advanced Engineering Mathematics “, 10th Edition, John Wiley, India, 2016.
- James, G., “Advanced Modern Engineering Mathematics”, 3rd Edition, Pearson Education, 2007.
- Ramana. B.V., “Higher Engineering Mathematics”, McGraw Hill Education Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi,
- Wylie, R.C. and Barrett, L.C., “Advanced Engineering Mathematics “Tata McGraw Hill Education
Pvt. Ltd, 6th Edition, New Delhi, 2012.
To Download Syllabus – Click here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For MA8353 TPDE Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For MA8353 TPDE Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For MA8353 TPDE Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For MA8353 TPDE Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
MA8353 TPDE Syllabus
Anna University 3RD SEM ECE TPDE Syllabus
MA8353 TRANSFORMS AND PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS Engineering Syllabus free download
Anna University EEE TPDE Syllabus Regulation 2017
MA8353 Syllabus, TPDE Unit wise Syllabus – EEE 3RD Semester