ME6502 HMT Syllabus
Anna University Regulation 2013 Mechanical Engineering (MECH) ME6502 HMT Important Questions for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for MECH 5th SEM ME6502 HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER Answer Key is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Mechanical Engineering (MECH)
5th SEM ME6502 HMT-HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER Syllabus
ME6502 HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER
- To understand the mechanisms of heat transfer under steady and transient conditions.
- To understand the concepts of heat transfer through extended surfaces.
- To learn the thermal analysis and sizing of heat exchangers and to understand the basic
concepts of mass transfer.
(Use of standard HMT data book permitted)
UNIT I CONDUCTION 9
General Differential equation of Heat Conduction– Cartesian and Polar Coordinates – One Dimensional Steady State Heat Conduction –– plane and Composite Systems – Conduction with Internal Heat Generation – Extended Surfaces – Unsteady Heat Conduction – Lumped Analysis – Semi Infinite and Infinite Solids –Use of Heisler’s charts.
UNIT II CONVECTION 9
Free and Forced Convection – Hydrodynamic and Thermal Boundary Layer. Free and Forced Convection during external flow over Plates and Cylinders and Internal flow through tubes .
UNIT III PHASE CHANGE HEAT TRANSFER AND HEAT EXCHANGERS 9
Nusselt’s theory of condensation – Regimes of Pool boiling and Flow boiling. Correlations in boiling and condensation. Heat Exchanger Types – Overall Heat Transfer Coefficient – Fouling Factors – Analysis – LMTD method – NTU method.
UNIT IV RADIATION 9
Black Body Radiation – Grey body radiation – Shape Factor – Electrical Analogy – Radiation Shields. Radiation through gases.
UNIT V MASS TRANSFER 9
Basic Concepts – Diffusion Mass Transfer – Fick’s Law of Diffusion – Steady state Molecular Diffusion – Convective Mass Transfer – Momentum, Heat and Mass Transfer Analogy –Convective Mass Transfer Correlations.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
• Upon completion of this course, the students can able to understand and apply different heat and mass transfer principles of different applications.
1. Yunus A. Cengel, “Heat Transfer A Practical Approach”, Tata McGraw Hill, 2010
- Frank P. Incropera and David P. Dewitt, “Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer”, John Wiley & Sons, 1998.
- Venkateshan. S.P., “Heat Transfer”, Ane Books, New Delhi, 2004.
- Ghoshdastidar, P.S, “Heat Transfer”, Oxford, 2004,
- Nag, P.K., “Heat Transfer”, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2002
- Holman, J.P., “Heat and Mass Transfer”, Tata McGraw Hill, 2000
- Ozisik, M.N., “Heat Transfer”, McGraw Hill Book Co., 1994.
- Kothandaraman, C.P., “Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer”, New Age International, New Delhi, 1998.
- Yadav, R., “Heat and Mass Transfer”, Central Publishing House, 1995.
- M.Thirumaleshwar : Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer, “Heat and Mass Transfer”,
First Edition, Dorling Kindersley, 2009
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For ME6502 HMT Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For ME6502 HMT Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For ME6502 HMT Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For ME6502 HMT Lecture Notes – Click here
Anna University 5th SEM MECH HMT Syllabus
ME6502 HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER Syllabus free download
Anna University MECH HMT Syllabus Regulation 2013
ME6502 Syllabus, HMT Unit wise Syllabus – MECH 5th Semester