ME6701 PPE Question Papers
Anna University Regulation 2013 EEE ME6701 PPE Question Papers for previous years is provided below. Previous Year Question Papers for EEE 5th SEM ME6701 Power Plant Engineering are listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
Anna University Regulation 2013 Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) 5th SEM ME6701 PPE -Power Plant Engineering Syllabus
ME6701 POWER PLANT ENGINEERING L T P C 3 0 0 3
• Providing an overview of Power Plants and detailing the role of Mechanical Engineers in their operation and maintenance.
UNIT I COAL BASED THERMAL POWER PLANTS 10
Rankine cycle – improvisations, Layout of modern coal power plant, Super Critical Boilers, FBC Boilers, Turbines, Condensers, Steam & Heat rate, Subsystems of thermal power plants – Fuel and ash handling, Draught system, Feed water treatment. Binary Cycles and Cogeneration systems.
UNIT II DIESEL, GAS TURBINE AND COMBINED CYCLE POWER PLANTS 10
Otto, Diesel, Dual & Brayton Cycle – Analysis & Optimisation. Components of Diesel and Gas Turbine power plants. Combined Cycle Power Plants. Integrated Gasifier based Combined Cycle systems.
UNIT III NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS 7
Basics of Nuclear Engineering, Layout and subsystems of Nuclear Power Plants, Working of Nuclear Reactors : Boiling Water Reactor (BWR), Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR), CANada DeuteriumUranium reactor (CANDU), Breeder, Gas Cooled and Liquid Metal Cooled Reactors. Safety measures for Nuclear Power plants.
UNIT IV POWER FROM RENEWABLE ENERGY 10
Hydro Electric Power Plants – Classification, Typical Layout and associated components including Turbines. Principle, Construction and working of Wind, Tidal, Solar Photo Voltaic (SPV), Solar Thermal, Geo Thermal, Biogas and Fuel Cell power systems.
UNIT V ENERGY, ECONOMIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES OF POWER PLANTS 8
Power tariff types, Load distribution parameters, load curve, Comparison of site selection criteria, relative merits & demerits, Capital & Operating Cost of different power plants. Pollution control technologies including Waste Disposal Options for Coal and Nuclear Power Plants.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
• Upon completion of this course, the Students can able to understand different types of power plant, and its functions and their flow lines and issues related to them.
• Analyse and solve energy and economic related issues in power sectors.
1. P.K. Nag, Power Plant Engineering, Tata McGraw – Hill Publishing Company Ltd., Third Edition, 2008.
1. M.M. El-Wakil, Power Plant Technology, Tata McGraw – Hill Publishing Company Ltd., 2010.
2. Black & Veatch, Springer, Power Plant Engineering, 1996.
3. Thomas C. Elliott, Kao Chen and Robert C. Swanekamp, Standard Handbook of Power Plant Engineering, Second Edition, McGraw – Hill, 1998.
4. Godfrey Boyle, Renewable energy, Open University, Oxford University Press in association with the Open University, 2004.
ME6701 PPE Question Papers– Download Here
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For ME6701 PPE Question Bank/2marks 16marks with answers – Click here
For ME6701 PPE Important Questions/Answer Key – Click here
For ME6701 PPE Lecture Handwritten Notes – Click here
ME6701 PPE Question Papers
Anna University 5th SEM EEE PPE Question Papers with answers
ME6701 Power Plant Engineering previous year question papers free download
Anna University EEE PPE old question papers Regulation 2013
ME6701 Question Papers with answers, PPE previous year question bank – EEE 5th Semester