RAU 601 AFL Syllabus
AKTU AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING(AE) RAU 601 AFL Syllabus for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for AE 6th SEM RAU 601 AUTOMOTIVE FUELS AND LUBRICANTS Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
UP Technical University AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING(AE) 6th SEM RAU 601 AFL– AUTOMOTIVE FUELS AND LUBRICANTS Syllabus
RAU601 AUTOMOTIVE FUELS AND LUBRICANTS
MANUFACTURE OF FUELS AND LUBRICANTS
Structure of petroleum refining process, classification of petroleum fuels, thermal cracking,catalytic
cracking, polymerization, alkylationisomerisation, blending, products of refining process.
Manufacture of lubricating oil base stocks, manufacture of finished automotive lubricants.
PROPERTIES & TESTING OF FUELS
Thermo-chemistry of fuels, properties and testing of fuels & Lubricants, relative density,calorific
value, fire point, distillation, vapor pressure, flash point, spontaneous ignition,temperature, viscosity,
pour point, flammability, ignitability, diesel index. API gravity, aniline point, Viscosity index etc.
FUEL RATING & ADDITIVES:
Fuels for SI and CI engine, important qualities of SI and CI engine fuels, Rating of SI engine and CI
engine fuels, Dopes, Gaseous fuels
Additive – mechanism, requirements of an additive, petrol fuel additives and diesel fuel additives
specifications of fuels, diesel knock, Cetane rating.
Use of alternate fuel in engines- LPG. CNG need for alternate fuels, availability & theirproperties,
general use of alcohols. LPG.CNG.LNG, hydrogen, ammonia, vegetable oils, biodiesel & biogas.
merits & demerits of alternate fuels. Introduction to alternate energy sources like, electric vehicle,
hybrid, fuel cell & solar cars.
Classification of lubricating oils, properties of lubricating oils, tests on lubricants. Grease
classification, properties, tests. Specific requirements for automotive lubricants, oxidation,
deterioration and degradation of lubricants, additives, synthetic lubricants.
THEORY OF LUBRICANTS: Engine friction – introduction, total engine friction, effect of engine
variables on friction, hydrodynamic lubrication, elasto hydrodynamic lubrication, boundary
lubrication, bearing lubrication, functions of the lubrication system, introduction to design of a
1. Internal Combustion Engineering by Ganesan V. TaU McGraw -Hill Publishing Co. New Delhi.
2. Lubrication. Raymond G. Gunther, Chipton Book Co., 1971.
1. Fuels – Solids. Liquids.Gaseous by Brame.J.S.S. and King.I .G.
2. Fuels and Fuel Technology by Francis, W, Vol. I & II
3. Modern Petroleum Technology by Hobson, G.D. & Pohl. W
4. Elements of Fuels and Combustion, O.P. Gupta, Khanna Book Publishing Co.
5. Lubrication-A practical guide to lubricant selection by A.R. Lansdown. Pergamon press,1982.
6. Energy today & tomorrow by MaheswarDayal, I & B Horishr India.
7. Internal Combustion Engineering and Air Pollution by Oibert. E.F.: International Book Co 1988.
8. Automotive Engines, A.K. Babu, Khanna Publishing House
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For AKTU RAU 601 AFL Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For AKTU RAU 601 AFL Important Questions/Short Answers – Click here
For AKTU RAU 601 AFL Lecture Notes – Click here
AKTU 6th SEM AE AFL Syllabus
RAU 601 AUTOMOTIVE FUELS AND LUBRICANTS Syllabus free download
UP Technical University AE AFL Syllabus
RAU 601 Syllabus, AFL Unit-wise Syllabus – AE 6th Semester