RBM502 BS Syllabus
AKTU BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING(BE) RBM502 BS Syllabus for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for BE 5th SEM RBM502 BIOINSTRUMENTATION Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
UP Technical University BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING(BE) 5th SEM RBM502 BS– BIOINSTRUMENTATION Syllabus
RBM502 BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
Transducers – Classification, selection of transducers, circuit based on transduction.
Temperature transducers – Displacement transducer – Pressure transducer – catheter tip
transducers. Photoelectric transducers – Flow transducers – Piezoelectric transducers and
their applications, Biological receptors and receptor characteristics.
Reference electrodes, The pO2 electrodes, Membrane electrodes, Blood gas analysis, Transcutaneous pO2 and pCO2 transducers, Fiber optic chemical transducer, Ion specific electrodes, Ionic content of blood, ISFET for glucose, urea.
Electrocardiogram (ECG), Electroencephalogram (EEG), Electromyogram (EMG), Electrooculogram (EOG), Electroretinogram (ERG), Recording Electrodes – Electrode-tissue interface, polarization, skin contact impedance, motion artifacts, Silver-Silver Chloride electrodes, Electrodes for ECG, Electrodes for EEG, Electrodes of EMG, Electrical conductivity of electrode jellies and creams, microelectrodes, Needle electrodes.
Principle of dialysis, Artificial kidney, Types, function and working of dialysis, Performance analysis of dialysis, Membranes used for hemodialysis, Block diagram and working of hemodialysis machine, Portable kidney machine – working and flow diagram.
Physiological effects of electrical currents, macroshock and microshock, preventive measures to reduce shock hazards, Leakage current, isolation of patient circuits, safety of electrically susceptible patients, radiation hazards and safety, shielding, open ground problem and earthing methods.
1. R. S. Khandpur, Biomedical Instrumentation Technology and Applications, McGraw-Hill Professional, 2004
2. Leslie Cromwell, Fred. J. Weibell and Erich. A. Pfeiffer, “Biomedical Instrumentation and Measurements”, 2nd Edition, PHI, 2003. (UNIT I, III)
3. John G. Webster, Medical Instrumentation: Application and Design, 3rd edition, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1998. (UNIT II)
4. Raja Rao, C, Guha, S.K, Principles of Medical Electronics and Biomedical Instrumentation, Orient Longman Publishers (2000) (UNIT V)
1. R.Anandanatarajan, “Biomedical Instrumentation”, PHI Learning, 2009.
2. M. Arumugam, “Biomedical Instrumentation”, Anuradha Agencies Publishers, Vidayal Karuppar, 612 606, Kumbakonam, R.M.S: 1992
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
For AKTU RBM502 BS Previous Year Question Papers – Click here
For AKTU RBM502 BS Important Questions/Short Answers – Click here
For AKTU RBM502 BS Lecture Notes – Click here
AKTU 5th SEM BE BS Syllabus
RBM502 BIOINSTRUMENTATION Syllabus free download
UP Technical University BE BS Syllabus
RBM502 Syllabus, BS Unit-wise Syllabus – BE 5th Semester