RCE551 GEL Lab Syllabus
AKTU CIVIL ENGINEERING (CE) RCE551 GEL Syllabus for all experiments is provided Below. Download link for CE 5th SEM RCE551 GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING LAB Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
UP Technical University CIVIL ENGINEERING (CE) 5th SEM RCE551 GEL – GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING LAB Syllabus
RCE551 GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING LAB
1. Determination of water content of a given moist soil sample by (i) oven drying method, (ii)
2. Determination of specific gravity of a given soil sample by (i) density bottle, (ii) pycnometer
3. Determination of in situ dry density of soil mass by (i) core-cutter method, (ii) sand
4. Determination of relative density of a given soil sample.
5. Determination of complete grain size distribution of a given soil sample by sieve analysis and
sedimentation (hydrometer) analysis.
6. Determination of consistency limits (liquid, plastic and shrinkage limits) of the soil sample
used in experiment no. 5 (grain-size analysis).
7. Determination of shear strength of soil by Direct shear test.
8. Determination of compaction characteristics (OMC & MDD) of a given soil sample.
9. Determination of permeability of a remoulded soil sample by
constant head &/or falling head method.
10. Determination of consolidation characteristics of a remoulded soil sample by an odometer
11. Determination of shear strength characteristics of a given soil sample by U/U test from Triaxial
12. Retrieving soil samples and conducting SPT tests by advancing boreholes through hand-held
Note: Any 8 experiments are to be performed from the list of experiments.
1. Bowles, Joseph E., “Engineering Properties of Soil and Their Measurement” Fourth
Edition, Indian Edition, McGraw Hill Education (India) Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi-110032.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the Below section.
AKTU 5th SEM CE GEL Syllabus
RCE551 GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING LAB Syllabus free download
UP Technical University CE GEL Syllabus
RCE551 Syllabus, GEL Unit-wise Syllabus – CE 5th Semester