RCE603 TE Syllabus
AKTU CIVIL ENGINEERING (CE) RCE 603 TE Syllabus for all 5 units are provided Below. Download link for CE 6th SEM RCE 603 TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
UP Technical University CIVIL ENGINEERING (CE) 6th SEM RCE 603 TE– TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING Syllabus
RCE 603 TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING
Introduction: Role of Transportation, Modes of Transportation History of road development,
Road types and pattern, Nagpur road plan, Bombay road plan & 3rd 20 Year Road Plan,
Highway Alignment & Location Survey: Horizontal Profile, Vertical Profile, Factors Controlling
the alignment, Survey for route location,
Geometric Design(IRC:73-Latest revision): Cross sectional elements, camber, shoulder, sight
distance, horizontal curves, super elevation, extra widening, transition curves and gradient,
vertical curves, summit and valley curves.
Traffic Engineering: Traffic Characteristics, Traffic studies on flow, speed, travel time – delay
and O-D study, PCU, peak hour factor, parking study, accident study and analysis, traffic
capacity, density, traffic control devices: signs, Island, signal design by Webster’s and IRC
method . Intersection at grade and grade separated intersections, design of roundabouts as per
IRC: 65-2017. Highway capacity and level of service of rural highways and urban roads as per
latest IRC recommendation
Highway Materials: Properties of Subgrade, Aggregates & Binding materials, Various tests and
specifications, Design of Highway Pavement : Types of Pavements, Design factors, Design of
bituminous paving mixes; Design of Flexible Pavement by CBR method (IRC : 37- Latest
revision), Design of rigid pavement, Westergaard theory, load and temperature stresses, joints,
IRC method of rigid pavement design (IRC:58-2015)
Highway Construction: Construction of Subgrade, Water Bound Macadam (WBM), Wet mix
macadam (WMM), Granular Sub Base (GSB),Tack Coat, Prime Coat, Seal Coat, Surface
Dressing, Bituminous Macadam (BM), Semi dense bituminous concrete (SDBC) and Bituminous
concrete, Dry lean concrete (DLC), Cement Concrete (CC) road construction, Roller Compacted
Note: All designs and procedure are to be done with reference to latest revision of IRC as
given below in reference section
1. Khanna S. K., Justo C.E.G, & Veeraragavan, A. “Highway Engineering”, Nem Chand
and Bros., Roorkee- 247 667.
2. Khanna S. K., Justo C.E.G, & Veeraragavan A., “Highway Materials and Pavement
Testing”, Nem Chand and Bros., Roorkee- 247 667.
3. LR Kadiyali, Transportation Engineering, Khanna Publication.
1. L.R. Kadiyali, Transportation Engineering, Khanna Publishing House
2. Saxena, Subhash C, A Textbook of Highway and Traffic Engineering, CBS Publishers &
Distributers, New Delhi
3. Kumar, R Srinivasa, “A Text book of Highway Engineering”, Universities Press,
4. Kumar, R Srinivasa, “Pavement Design”, Universities Press, Hyderabad.
5. Chakraborty Partha & Das Animesh., “Principles of Transportation Engineering”,
Prentice Hall (India), New Delhi,
6. IRC : 37- Latest revision, “Tentative Guidelines for the design of Flexible Pavements”
Indian Roads Congress, New Delhi
7. IRC:58-2015 Guidelines for the Design of Plain Jointed Rigid Pavements for Highways
(Fourth Revision) (with CD)
8. IRC:65-2017 Guidelines for Planning and Design of Roundabouts (First Revision)
9. IRC:73-1980 Geometric Design Standards for Rural (Non-Urban) Highways
10. IRC:106-1990 Guidelines for Capacity of Urban Roads in Plain Areas
11. IRC:93-1985 Guidelines on Design and Installation of Road Traffic Signals.
12. IRC:92-2017 Guidelines for Design of Interchanges in Urban Areas (First Revision)
13. IRC: SP: 68-2005, “Guidelines for Construction of Roller Compacted Concrete Pavements”,
Indian Roads Congress, New Delhi.
14. IRC: 15-2002, “Standard Specifications and Code of Practice for construction of Concrete
Roads” Indian Roads Congress, New Delhi.
15. MORTH, “Specifications for Road and Bridge Works”, Ministry of Shipping, Road
Transport & Highways, Published by Indian Roads Congress, New Delhi.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the Below section.
AKTU 6th SEM CE TE Syllabus
RCE 603TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING Syllabus free download
UP Technical University CE TE Syllabus
RCE 603Syllabus, TE Unit-wise Syllabus – CE 6th Semester