REE601 PE Syllabus
AKTU ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS-IIL ENGINEERING(EEE) REE601 PE Syllabus for all 5 units are provided Below. Download link for EEE 6th SEM REE601 POWER ELECTRONICS Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
UP Technical University ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONIPEENGINEERING(EEE) 6th SEM REE601 PE– POWER ELECTRONICS Syllabus
REE601 POWER ELECTRONICS
Unit-I: Power semiconductor devices:
Introduction: Concept of Power Electronics, scope and applications, desired Characteristics of controllable
Power semiconductor switches and their characteristics: Power Diode, Power BJT, Power MOSFET,
IGBT, SCR, TRIAC, GTO.
Rating & protection, Methods of SCR commutation, Gate Drive Circuit, Series and Parallel operation.
Introduction, Control Strategies, Buck converter, Boost Converter, Buck-Boost converter, Analysis of buck
converter, Switched Mode power Supply (SMPS).
Unit-III: Phase Controlled Converters:
Single phase half wave controlled rectifier with various loads, Effect of free wheeling diode.
Single phase fully controlled and half controlled bridge converters with various loads. Performance
Parameters of single phase uncontrolled and controlled converters.
Three phase half wave converters, Three phase fully controlled and half controlled bridge converters, Effect
of source impedance, Single phase and three phase dual converters
Unit-IV: AC Voltage Controllers:
Principle of On-Off and phase controls, Single phase ac voltage controller with resistive and inductive loads,
sequence control, Introduction to Matrix converter.
Basic principle of operation, single phase to single phase, three phase to single phase output voltage equation.
Single phase and Three phase bridge inverters, VSI, CSI, Voltage control of single phaseinverters, PWM
Techniques, Introduction to Multi level inverter.
1. M.H. Rashid,“Power Electronics: Circuits, Devices & Applications”, Pearson India, 4th Edition,2018.
2. Ned Mohan, T.M.Undeland and W.P.Robbins, “Power Electronics:Converters, Applications and Design”,
Wiley India Ltd,2008
3. P.C. Sen, “ Power Electronics”, McGraw Hill Education (India) Pvt. Ltd.
4. P.S. Bhimbra, “ Power Electronics”, Khanna Publishers.
5. M.S. Jamil Asghar, “Power Electronics” Prentice Hall of India Ltd., 2004
6. Chakrabarti &Rai, “Fundamentals of Power Electronics &Drives”, Dhanpat Rai & Sons.
7. V.R. Moorthy, “ Power Electronics : Devices, Circuits and Industrial Applications” Oxford
8. S.N. Singh, “A Text Book of Power Electronics” DhanpatRai& Sons
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the Below section.
AKTU 6th SEM EEE PE Syllabus
REE601 POWER ELECTRONICS Syllabus free download
UP Technical University EEE PE Syllabus
REE601 Syllabus, PE Unit-wise Syllabus – EEE 6th Semester