REE603 PSA Syllabus
AKTU ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS-IIL ENGINEERING(EEE) REE603 PSA Syllabus for all 5 units are provided Below. Download link for EEE 6th SEM REE603 POWER SYSTEM ANALYSIS Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
UP Technical University ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING(EEE) 6th SEM REE603 PSA– POWER SYSTEM ANALYSIS Syllabus
REE603 POWER SYSTEM ANALYSIS
Unit-I: Representation of Power System Components:
Synchronous machines, Transformers, Transmission lines, One-line diagram, Impedance and reactance
diagram, per unit system.
Symmetrical Components of unbalanced phasors, power in terms of symmetrical components, sequence
impedances and sequence networks.
Unit-II: Symmetrical Fault Analysis:
Transient if R-L series circuit, calculation of 3-phase short circuit current and reactance of Synchronous
machine, internal voltage of loaded machines under transient conditions.
Analysis of single line to ground fault, line-to-line fault and Double Line to ground fault on an unloaded
generators and power system network with and without fault impedance.
Formation of Zbus using singular transformation and algorithm, computer method for short circuit
Unit-III: Load Flows:
Introduction, bus classifications, nodal admittance matrix (YBUS), development of load flow equations, load
flow solution using Gauss Siedel and Newton-Raphson method, approximation to N-R method, line flow
equation sand fast decoupled method.
Unit-IV: Power System Stability:
Stability and Stability limit, Steady state stability study, derivation of Swing equation, transient stability
studies by equal area criterion and step-by-step method. Factors affecting steady state and transient stability
and methods of improvement.
Unit-V: Traveling Waves:
Wave Equation for uniform Transmission lines, velocity of propagation, surge impedance, reflection and
transmission of traveling waves under different line loadings. Bewlay’s lattice diagram, protection of
equipments and line against traveling waves.
1. W.D. Stevenson, Jr. “Elements of Power System Analysis”,McGraw Hill.
2. C.L. Wadhwa, “Electrical Power System”, New Age International.
3. Chakraborthy, Soni, Gupta &Bhatnagar, “Power System Engineering”, DhanpatRai& Co.
4. T.K. Nagsarkar& M.S. Sukhija, “Power System Analysis” Oxford University Press, 2007.
5. O.I. Elgerd, “Electric Energy System Theory” Tata McGraw Hill.
6. Hadi Sadat, “Power System Analysis”, Tata McGraw Hill.
7. D.Das, “Electrical Power Systems” New Age International.
8. J.D. Glover, M. S. Sharma & T. Overbye, “Power System Analysis and Design”, Cengage.
9. P.S.R. Murthy “Power System Analysis” B.S. Publications.
10. Stagg and E1- Abiad, “Computer Methods in Power System Analysis” Tata McGraw Hill
11. Kothari &Nagrath, “Modern Power System Analysis” Tata McGraw Hill
12. A.J. wood, B.F. Wollenberg, ”Power Generation, Operation and Control” John Wiley & Sons
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the Below section.
AKTU 6th SEM EEE PSA Syllabus
REE603 POWER SYSTEM ANALYSIS Syllabus free download
UP Technical University EEE PSA Syllabus
REE603 Syllabus, PSA Unit-wise Syllabus – EEE 6th Semester