REV 501 ANPCE Syllabus
AKTU ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING( EE) REV 501 ANPCE Syllabus for all 5 units are provided Below. Download link for EE 5th SEM REV 501 AIR AND NOISE POLLUTION AND CONTROL ENGINEERING Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
UP Technical University ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING (EE) 5th SEM REV 501 ANPCE– AIR AND NOISE POLLUTION AND CONTROL ENGINEERING Syllabus
REV 501: Air and Noise Pollution and Control Engineering
Air pollution: composition and structure of atmosphere, global implications of air
pollution. Classification of air pollutants: particulates, hydrocarbon, carbon monoxide,
oxides of sulphur, oxides of nitrogen and photo chemical oxidants. Indoor air pollution,
Effects of air pollutants on humans, animals, property and plants.
Air pollution chemistry, meteorological aspects of air pollution dispersion; temperature
lapse rate and stability, wind velocity and turbulence, plume behaviour, dispersion of air
pollutants, the Gaussian Plume Model, stack height and dispersion.
Ambient air quality and standards, air sampling and measurements; Ambient air sampling,
collection of gaseous air pollutants, collection of particulate air pollutants, stack sampling.
Control devices for particulate contaminants: gravitational settling chambers, yclonee
separators, wet collectors, fabric filters (Bag-house filter), electrostatic precipitators (ESP).
Control of gaseous contaminants: Absorption, Adsorption, Condensation and Combustion,
Control of sulphur oxides, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, and hydro carbons.
Automotive emission control, catalytic convertor, Euro-I, Euro-II and Euro-III
specifications, Indian specifications.
NOISE POLLUTION: Basics of acoustics and specification of sound; sound power, sound
intensity and sound pressure levels; plane, point and line sources, multiple sources; outdoor
and indoor noise propagation; psycho-acoustics and noise criteria, effects of noise on
health, annoyance rating schemes; special noise environments: Infra-sound, ultrasound,
impulsive sound and sonic boom; noise standards and limit values; noise instrumentation
and monitoring procedure. Noise indices.
1. Peavy, Rowe and Tchobanoglous: Environmental Engineering.
2. Martin Crawford: Air Pollution Control Theory.
3. Warkand Warner: Air Pollution: Its Origin and Control.
4. Rao and Rao: Air Pollution Control Engineering.
5. Keshav Kant and Rajni Kant, “Air Pollution and Control Engineering”, Khanna Publishing
6. Environmental Pollution Control Engineering-CS Rao, Wiley Eastern Ltd., New Delhi, 1996.
7. C.S. Rao, Air pollutionand control
8. Environmental Noise Pollution – PE Cunniff, McGraw Hill, New York, 1987
9. Nevers: Air Pollution Control Engineering.
10. M. P. Poonia and S C Sharma,” Environmental Engineering, Khanna Publishing House.
11. My cock, Mc Kenna and Theodore: Handbook of Air Pollution Control Engineering and
Technology. Suess and Crax ford: W.H.O. Manualon Urban Air Quality Management
10. OP Gupta,Elements of Environmental Polluton Control, Khanna Publishing House.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the Below section.
AKTU 5th SEM EE ANPCE Syllabus
REV 501 AIR AND NOISE POLLUTION AND CONTROL ENGINEERING Syllabus free download
UP Technical University EE ANPCE Syllabus
REV 501 Syllabus, ANPCE Unit-wise Syllabus – EE 5th Semester