REV 503 SWM Syllabus
AKTU ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING( EE) REV 503SWM Syllabus for all 5 units are provided Below. Download link for EE 5th SEM REV 503 SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
UP Technical University ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING (EE) 5th SEM REV 503 SWM– SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT Syllabus
REV 503: Solid Waste Management
Sources and types of solid wastes, material flow and waste generation, Functional elements:
Waste generation, storage, collection, Transfer and transport, processing and recovery, disposal.
Physical and chemical composition of municipal solid waste integrated solid waste management,
hierarchy of waste management options.
Different methods for generation rates. Storage: movable bins, fixed bins. Collection: home to
home collection, community bin system. Theory and design of hauled container system,
stationary container system Transportation: handcart, tri-cycle, animal cart, tripper truck
Transportation, dumper placer, bulk refuse carrier, railroad transport, Water transport, conveyors,
layout of routes.
Engineering system for on-site handling and processing of solid waste: separators size
reduction equipments, screening equipments densification, baling, cubing, peleting equipments.
Land filling: Site selection criteria, landfill layout, landfill sections, Occurrence of gases and
leachate in landfills: composition and characteristics, generation factors of landfill gases and
leachate, initial adjustment phase, transition phase, acid formation phase, methane formation
phase, maturation phase of gases, initial adjustment phase, transition phase, acid formation
phase, methane formation phase, maturation phase of leachate.
Composting, types of composting, process description, design and operational consideration of
aerobic composting, process description, design and operational consideration of anaerobic
composting, Thermal conversion technologies: incineration and pyrolysis system, energy
recovery system, Electronic waste and Biomedical waste Overview of solid waste management
practices in India.
1. Tchobanoglous, G., Theisen, H., & Vigil, S.A; Integrated Solid Waste Management:
McGraw Hill, New York
2. Solid Waste Engineering, Principle & Management issues by VenTe Chow
3. Bhide, A.D., B.B. Sundaresan, Solid Waste Management in developing countries.
4. Manual on Municipal solid Waste Management, CPHEEO, Govt. of India.
5. Guidelines for Management and Handling of Hazardous wastes MOEF (1991), Govt. of
6. Datta, M; Waste Disposal in Engineered Land fills, Narosa Publishers, Delhi.
7. OP Gupta, Elements of Solid Hazardous Waste and Management, Khanna Publishing House.
8. Waste Management “Asian and Pacific Center for Transfer of Technology (N.D.) India”,
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the Below section.
AKTU 5th SEM EE SWM Syllabus
REV 503 SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT Syllabus free download
UP Technical University EE SWM Syllabus
REV 503 Syllabus, SWM Unit-wise Syllabus – EE 5th Semester