REV 601 DWES Syllabus
AKTU ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING(EE) REV 601 DWES Syllabus for all 5 units are provided Below. Download link for EE 6th SEM REV 601 DESIGN OF WASTEWATER ENGINEERING SYSTEMS Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
UP Technical University ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING (EE) 6th SEM REV 601 DWES– DESIGN OF WASTEWATER ENGINEERING SYSTEMS Syllabus
REV 601: Design of Wastewater Engineering Systems
Introduction: Wastewater flow and its characteristics, Wastewater collection systems, Estimation
and variation of wastewater flows. Problems of industrial wastewaters, Sampling protocol,
Equalization, Neutralization, Proportioning processes, Volume and strength reduction.
Preliminary, primary, secondary and tertiary wastewater treatment processes. Theory and design
of screens, grit chambers, sedimentation, coagulation, flocculation.
Physico-chemical and biological treatment strategies and their evaluation, Theory of activated
sludge process (ASP), extended aeration systems, trickling filters (TF), aerated lagoons,
stabilization ponds, oxidation ditches, sequential batch reactor, rotating biological contactor, etc.,
Mass balancing in ASP and TF and their design.
Anaerobic treatment process, Effects of pH, temperature and other parameters on anaerobic
treatment, Concept of anaerobic contact process, anaerobic filter, anaerobic fixed film reactor,
fluidized bed and expanded bed reactors and upflow anaerobic sludge blanket (UASB) reactor.
Indian standards for disposal of treated wastewaters on land and in natural streams, Agricultural
irrigation, Ground water recharge, Treated wastewater reclamation and reuse, Introduction to
duckweed pond, vermiculture and root zone technology for wastewater treatment, Special
treatments, Recent technologies of treatment.
Study on wastewater generation points, wastewater characteristics, process flow sheets,
treatment scheme for tannery, sugar, textile, steel, distillery, paper/ pulp and oil refinery industry
1. Metcalf & Eddy “Wastewater Engineering: Treatment & Reuse”, Tata Mc Graw Hill.
2. Peavy, Rowe &Tchobanoglous “Environmental Engineering”, Mc. Graw Hill, New Delhi.
3. Davis, M. “Water and Wastewater Engineering’’, Mc-Graw Hill.
4. Fair, G.M. & Geyer, J.C. “Water supply and Wastewater Disposal”, John Wiley & Sons.
5. Qasim, S.R., Motley, E.M., and Zhu, G. “Water Works Engineering”, Prentice Hall
6. CPHEEO “Manual on Sewerage & Sewage Treatment”, Ministry of urban development,
Government of India, New Delhi.
7. Parker, H. “Wastewater System Engineering”, Prentice Hall.
8. O P Gupta, Element of water pollution control engineering” Khanna Publishing House
9. Keshav Kant, Air Pollution Control Engineering, Khanna Publishing House
10. Rao, M.N. & Dutta, A.K. “Wastewater Treatment”, Oxford & IBH Publishing.
11. M. P. Ponia and SC Sharma, ” Environmental Engineering” Khanna Publishing House.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the Below section.
AKTU 6th SEM EE DWES Syllabus
REV 601 DESIGN OF WASTEWATER ENGINEERING SYSTEMS Syllabus free download
UP Technical University EE DWES Syllabus
REV 601Syllabus, DWES Unit-wise Syllabus – EE 6th Semester