RME504 DME Syllabus
AKTU MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY(MT) RME504 DME Syllabus for all 5 units are provided Below. Download link for MT 5th SEM RME504 DESIGN OF MACHINE ELEMENTS Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
UP Technical University MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY (MT) 5th SEM RME -504 DME – DESIGN OF MACHINE ELEMENTS Syllabus
RME -504 DESIGN OF MACHINE ELEMENTS
Design requirements of machine elements, Principles of mechanical design, Modes of failures and Factor of Safety. Systematic design process, Aesthetic and Ergonomic considerations in design, Use of standards in design, Manufacturing consideration in design, Selection of preferred sizes, Indian Standards designation, Designation of carbon & alloy steels, Selection of materials for static and fatigue loads.
Design for Static and Fluctuating Loads
Cyclic stresses, Fatigue and endurance limit, Notch sensitivity, Stress concentration. Design for finite and infinite life, Soderberg, Goodman & Gerber criteria.
Shafts, Keys and Couplings
Materials for shaft, Stresses in shafts, Design of shafts subjected to twisting moment, bending moment and combined twisting and bending moments, Shafts subjected to fatigue loads.
Types of keys, splines, Selection of keys, Strength of keys, Design of rigid and flexible couplings.
Design of Mechanical Drives
Introduction to power transmission and drives. Classification of gears, Terminology, Gear tooth proportions, Tooth forms, System of gear teeth, contact ratio, Standard proportions of gear systems, Interference in involute gears, Backlash, Selection of gear materials, Gear manufacturing methods, Failure of gear tooth, Design considerations, AGMA and Indian standards, Beam strength and wear strength of gear tooth, Design of spur and helical gears.
Classification of springs, Material for helical springs, End connections for compression and tension helical springs, Design of helical springs subjected to static and fatigue loading.
Forms of threads, multiple threads, Efficiency of square threads, Trapezoidal threads, Stresses in screws, Design of screw jack.
Basic of Finite Element Method, Variational calculus, Integral formulation, variational methods: Methods of weighted residuals, Approximate solution using variational method, Modified Galerkin method, Boundary conditions.
Basic Finite Element Concepts: Basic ideas in a finite element solution, General finite element solution procedure, Finite element equations using modified Galerkin method, Axis symmetric Problems, Axial bars, Torsion bars, Application in Solid Mechanic Problems, Plane truss problems using software application.
Note: Design data book is allowed in the examination
1. Design of Machine Elements,V.B. Bhandari, Tata McGraw Hill Co.
2. Design of Machine Elements, Sharma and Purohit, PHI.
3. Machine Design, Sadhu Singh, Khanna Book Publishing Co.
4. Machine Design, P C Gope, PHI Publication
5. Machine Design Data Book, Sadhu Singh, Khanna Book Publishing Co.
6. Machine Design-R S Khurmi and J K Gupta, S Chand
7. J N Reddy “An Introduction to finite element method” Tata Mc Graw Hill 3rd edition
8. S.S. Rao, “Finite Element Method In Engineering”, Pergaman Press
9. P Seshu, Finite Element Analysis, PHI publications, Delhi
Design data book: Design Data Handbook for Mechanical Engineering in SI and Metric Units – by K. Mahadevan, and K. Balaveera Reddy.
1. Design of Machine Elements-M.F. Spott, Pearson Eductaion
2. Machine Design-Maleev and Hartman, CBS Publishers.
3. Mechanical Engineering Design, 9e – Joseph E. Shigely, McGraw Hill Education.
4. Design of Machine Elements, Gope PHI.
5. Finite Element Method with Applications in Engineering Y M Desai, Pearson Publication
6. Introduction to Finite Element Analysis by Tirupathi R.Chandrupatla & Ashok D Belegundu, Pearson Publication
7. V.Ramamurti “Finite Element Method in Machine Design”Norosa Publishing House
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the Below section.
AKTU 5th SEM MT DME Syllabus
RME504 DESIGN OF MACHINE ELEMENTS Syllabus free download
UP Technical University MT DME Syllabus
RME504 Syllabus, DME Unit-wise Syllabus – MT 5th Semester