RME504 DME Syllabus
AKTU AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING(AE) RME504 DME Syllabus for all 5 units are provided below. Download link for AE 5th SEM RME504 DESIGN OF MACHINE ELEMENTS Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
UP Technical University AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING(AE) 5th SEM RME504 DME – DESIGN OF MACHINE ELEMENTS Syllabus
Design requirements of machine elements, Principles of mechanical design, Modes of failures and
Factor of Safety. Systematic design process, Aesthetic and Ergonomic considerations in design, Use
of standards in design, Manufacturing consideration in design, Selection of preferred sizes, Indian
Standards designation, Designation of carbon & alloy steels, Selection of materials for static and
Design for Static and Fluctuating Loads
Cyclic stresses, Fatigue and endurance limit, Notch sensitivity, Stress concentration. Design for finite
and infinite life, Soderberg, Goodman & Gerber criteria.
Shafts, Keys and Couplings
Materials for shaft, Stresses in shafts, Design of shafts subjected to twisting moment, bending
moment and combined twisting and bending moments, Shafts subjected to fatigue loads.
Types of keys, splines, Selection of keys, Strength of keys, Design of rigid and flexible couplings.
Design of Mechanical Drives
Introduction to power transmission and drives. Classification of gears, Terminology, Gear tooth
proportions, Tooth forms, System of gear teeth, contact ratio, Standard proportions of gear systems,
Interference in involute gears, Backlash, Selection of gear materials, Gear manufacturing methods,
Failure of gear tooth, Design considerations, AGMA and Indian standards, Beam strength and wear
strength of gear tooth, Design of spur and helical gears.
Classification of springs, Material for helical springs, End connections for compression and tension
helical springs, Design of helical springs subjected to static and fatigue loading.
Forms of threads, multiple threads, Efficiency of square threads, Trapezoidal threads, Stresses in
screws, Design of screw jack.
Basic of Finite Element Method, Variational calculus, Integral formulation, variational methods:
Methods of weighted residuals, Approximate solution using variational method, Modified Galerkin
method, Boundary conditions.
Basic Finite Element Concepts: Basic ideas in a finite element solution, General finite element
solution procedure, Finite element equations using modified Galerkin method, Axis symmetric
Problems, Axial bars, Torsion bars, Application in Solid Mechanic Problems, Plane truss problems
using software application.
Note: Design data book is allowed in the examination
1. Design of Machine Elements,V.B. Bhandari, Tata McGraw Hill Co.
2. Design of Machine Elements, Sharma and Purohit, PHI.
3. Machine Design, P C Gope, PHI Publication
4. Machine Design, Sadhu Singh, Khanna Publishing House
5. Machine Design-R S Khurmi and J K Gupta, S Chand
6. J N Reddy “An Introduction to finite element method” Tata Mc Graw Hill 3rd edition
7. Machine Design Data Book, Sadhu Singh, Khanna Publishing House
8. S.S. Rao, “Finite Element Method In Engineering”, Pergaman Press
9. P Seshu, Finite Element Analysis, PHI publications, Delhi
10. Design data book: Design Data Handbook for Mechanical Engineering in SI and Metric Units –
by K. Mahadevan, and K. Balaveera Reddy.
1. Design of Machine Elements-M.F. Spott, Pearson Eductaion
2. Machine Design-Maleev and Hartman, CBS Publishers.
3. Mechanical Engineering Design, 9e – Joseph E. Shigely, McGraw Hill Education.
4. Design of Machine Elements, Gope PHI.
5. Finite Element Method with Applications in Engineering Y M Desai, Pearson Publication
6. Introduction to Finite Element Analysis by Tirupathi R.Chandrupatla & Ashok D Belegundu,
7. V.Ramamurti “Finite Element Method in Machine Design”Norosa Publishing House
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the below section.
AKTU 5th SEM AE DME Syllabus
RME504 DESIGN OF MACHINE ELEMENTS Syllabus free download
UP Technical University AE DME Syllabus
RME504 Syllabus, DME Unit-wise Syllabus – AE 5th Semester