RME505 MST-II Syllabus
AKTU MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY(MT) RME505 MST-II Syllabus for all 5 units are provided Below. Download link for MT 5th SEM RME505 MANUFACTURING SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY-II Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
UP Technical University MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY (MT) 5th SEM RME -505 MST-II – MANUFACTURING SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY-II Syllabus
MANUFACTURING SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY-II
Introduction: Classification of machine tools based on application and production rate: General purpose and Special purpose machines, Classification based on-types of machine tools and the processes.
Metal Cutting: Mechanics of metal cutting. Geometry of tool and nomenclature .ASA system Orthogonal vs. oblique cutting. Mechanics of chip formation, types of chips. Shear angle relationship. Merchant’s force circle diagram. Cutting forces, power required. Heat generation and cutting tool temperature, Cutting fluids/lubricants. Tool materials, Tool wear and tool life. Machinability. Cutting force measurement, Economics of metal cutting.
Lathe: Principle, construction, types, operations of Turret/capstan, semi/Automatic, NC, CNC and DNC lathe, major difference between CNC lathe and conventional lathe. Driving mechanisms, apron mechanism, thread cutting mechanism and calculations, features of half-nut engagement – disengagement, indexing dial mechanism.
Reciprocating Type Machine Tools: Shaper, Planer and Slotter: Constructional features, basic mechanism, kinematics and related calculations.
Milling: Principle, construction, types, operations. Milling cutters, work-holding devices, up & down milling. Max chip thickness and power required. Simple, compound and differential indexing and
machining time calculations.
Introduction to machining centers.
Drilling Machines: Principle, construction, types, operations feed mechanism, work and tool – holding devices. Estimation of drilling time. Geometry of twist drills, Boring, reaming tool
Grinding Machines: Different types of grinding machines: cylindrical, surface and centre-less grinding machines, basic constructional features and mechanisms, different grinding operations, grinding wheel specification.
Super finishing: Honing, lapping , polishing and abrasive flow machining.
Gear Manufacturing Machines: Gear forming, gear generation, gear shaping and gear hobbing.
Introduction to Unconventional Machining: Need & benefits, application and working principle of EDM, ECM, LBM, EBM, USM. AJM, WJM. Introduction to Hybrid machining processes
1. B.S. Raghuwanshi, “Workshop Technology”, Vol.2, Dhanpat Rai & Sons, 2003.
2. S.F. Krar Stevan F. and Check A.F., “Technology of M/C Tools”, McGraw Hill Book Co.,
3. Hazra Chaudhary S.K., “Elements of Workshop Technology”, Vol.2, Media Promoters, 2003.
4. P.C. Sharma, “A Text Book of Production Engineering”, S. Chand, New Delhi, 2004.
5. Bawa H.S., “Workshop Technology”, Vol.2, Tata McGraw Hill, 2004.
6. Juneja & Shekhon, “Fundamental of Metal Cutting”, New Age Publications
7. Fundamentals of Metal Machining and Machine Tools – Geoffrey Boothroyd, CRC Press
8. Manufacturing Science – A. Ghosh and A.K. Mallik,Affiliated East-West Press
9. Manufacturing Science II, Visek Kumar/Sanjish Kumar, Dhanpat Rai.
10. Manufacturing Science (5th edition),Serope Kalpakjian, Steven R Schmid, PEARSON.
11. Manufacturing Science II, Vivek Kumar/Sanjish Kumar, Dhanpat Rai.
12. Manufacturing processes, J P Kaushish, PHI.
13. Materials and Processes in Manufacturing by JT Black and Ronald
14. Metal Cutting principels,2nd edition, Milton C Shaw, Oxford publication.
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the Below section.
AKTU 5th SEM MT MST-II Syllabus
RME505 MANUFACTURING SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY-II Syllabus free download
UP Technical University MT MST-II Syllabus
RME505 Syllabus, MST-II Unit-wise Syllabus – MT 5th Semester