RPI601 MTT Syllabus
AKTU PRODUCTION ENGINEERING AND INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION(PEIP) RPI601 MTT Syllabus for all 5 units are provided Below. Download link for PEIP 6th SEM RPI601 MACHINE TOOL TECHNOLOGY Syllabus is listed down for students to make Perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
UP Technical University PRODUCTION ENGINEERING AND INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION (PEIP) 6th SEM RPI601 MTT– MACHINE TOOL TECHNOLOGY Syllabus
MACHINE TOOL TECHNOLOGY
Unit I – Drives
Design considerations for drives based on continuous and intermittent requirement of power, Types
and selection of motor for the drive, Regulation and range of speed based on preferred number series,
geometric progression. Design of speed gear box for spindle drive and feed gear box. Stepless drives,
Design considerations of Step less drives, electromechanical system of regulation, friction, and ball
variators, PIV drive, Epicyclic drive, principle of self locking,
Unit II – Design of Machine Tool Structures:
Analysis of forces on machine tool structure, static and dynamic stiffness. Design of beds, columns,
housings, bases and tables.
Unit III – Design of Guide-ways and Power Screws
Functions and types of guide ways, design criteria and calculation for slide ways, design of
hydrodynamic, hydrostatic and aerostatic slide ways, Stick-Slip motion in slide ways. Design of
power screws: Distribution of load and rigidity analysis.
Unit IV – Design of Spindles and Spindle Supports
Design of spindle and spindle support using deflection and rigidity analysis, analysis of antifriction
bearings, preloading of antifriction bearing.
Unit V – Dynamics of machine tools
Dynamic characteristic of the cutting process, Stability analysis, vibrations of machine tools. Control
Systems: Mechanical and Electrical, Adaptive Control System, relays, push button control, electrical
brakes, drum control.
Unit VI – Advances in Machine Tool Design
Design considerations for SPM, NC/CNC, and micro machining, Retrofitting, Recent trends in
machine tools, Design Layout of machine tool using matrices.
1. N. K. Mehta, “Machine Tool Design”, Tata McGraw Hill, ISBN 0-07-451775-9.
2. Bhattacharya A., Sen S. G., “Principles of Machine Tool”, New Central Book Agency, Kolkata,
3. D. K Pal, S. K. Basu, “Design of Machine Tool”, Oxford & IBH Publishing Company, New Delhi,
ISBN 81-204- 0968.
4. N. S. Acherkan, “Machine Tool”, Vol. I, II, III and IV, MIR Publications.
5. F. Koenigsberger, “Design Principles of Metal Cutting Machine Tools”, The Macmillan Company
New York 1964.
1. Joshi P. H., “Machine Tools Handbook – Design & Operation”, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing
Company Ltd., New Delhi
2. Date P. P., “Introduction to Manufacturing Technology, Principles and Practices”, , Jayco
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the Below section.
AKTU 6th SEM PEIP MTT Syllabus
RPI601 MACHINE TOOL TECHNOLOGY Syllabus free download
UP Technical University PEIP MTT Syllabus
RPI601 Syllabus, MTT Unit-wise Syllabus – PEIP 6th Semester