RPL601 PPMD Syllabus
AKTU PLASTIC ENGINEERING(PE) RPL601 PPMD Syllabus for all 5 units are provided Below. Download link for PE 6th SEM RPL601 PLASTIC PRODUCT & MOULD DESIGN Syllabus is listed down for students to make perfect utilization and score maximum marks with our study materials.
UP Technical University PLASTIC ENGINEERING (PE) 5th SEM RPL601 PPMD – PLASTIC PRODUCT & MOULD DESIGN Syllabus
RPL-601: PLASTIC PRODUCT & MOULD DESIGN
Unit – 1
Design of polymeric product. Design criteria based upon product functions and geometry.
Material selection by property assessment.Selection of appropriate forming processes. Moulding
considerations: Draft, radii, dimensional tolerances, wall thicknesses, ribs and bosses, inserts,
sink marks, undercuts, feeding system, gate location, flow pattern, shrinkage and post moulding
Unit – 2
Design of Plastic under static load; Design of Plastic under Dynamic load – Gear, Bearing.
Metal insert, hinge, fastners.
Unit – 3
Injection mould design: Single, multicavity, semi automatic and automatic moulds. Types of
injection mould, their application, detailed structure and working. Feed system, Temperature
control system, Ejection System, Standard Mould base.
Unit – 4
Split Mould and types of mechanism, Unscrewing mechanism, Introduction to Hot runner
Design concepts for compression moulds, transfer moulds and blow moulds.
Unit – 5
Extrusion Dies – Types of extrusion dies and design characteristics. Die Design for Pipe and
1. David H Morton Jons John wellis “Polymer product design materials and processing”
2. Rao NS “Design data for plastics engineers”
3. Rao NS “design formula for plastics engineers”
4. Joshi MV “dies for plastics extrusion”
5. Millar ,Edward “plastics product design part A& B”
6. DYM “product design with plastics”
7. Beck “plastics product design”
8. Dubois “plastics product design engineering hand book”
9. Malloy , Robert, A “plastics part design for injection moulding”
10. Bebb,R.H., “Plastics Mould Design Vol.1 Compression and Transfer Moulds
11. Pye R.G.W., “Injection MOULD Design for Thermoplastics”
12. DYM, “Injection Moulds and Moulding”
13. Lee NC “Blow moulding design guide”
If you require any other notes/study materials, you can comment in the Below section.
AKTU 6th SEM PE PPMD Syllabus
RPL601 PLASTIC PRODUCT & MOULD DESIGN Syllabus free download
UP Technical University PE PPMD Syllabus
RPL601 Syllabus, PPMD Unit-wise Syllabus – PE 6th Semester